devo

Bacon Wrapped, Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Taken from this recipe, adjust as needed

1 boneless skinless chicken breast
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 tablespoon green onion, Chopped
2 pieces bacon, Partially Cooked

Directions:

Pound out Chicken breast so it is about 1/4" thick.

Mix together cream cheese and green onions and spread cheese mixture over 1 side of chicken breast.

Roll CHicken breast up to conseal cream cheese.

Wrap partially cooked bacon around chicken breast and secure with toothpick.

Place on baking sheet and back for about 30 minutes at 375.

Broil for about 5 minute to crisp bacon.

whack the chicken

add the cream cheese & Tatonka Dust

Onions added

A little extra heat

Ready for the Bradley

Looking out my kitchen window

About three hours into the cook

Close up

Yummm

ragweed

RedJada

I been thinking about doing some more of these bacon wrapped cordon blues. But yours look good.... Always gota try something different.

Or maybe I'll just add the cream cheese and green onion with the swiss? Sounds delicious....

JZ

PapaC

Tasty looking devo! Might I ask what is Tatonka dust?

OK on edit- I was being lazy and didn't really think before I asked, so I just googled it and found it on Owens bbq site, and also read a review of it. Looks interesting, especially since I love Worcestershire flavor. Gonna have to get me some.
I'm just a social smoker, I can quit any time I want.

Saber 4

That is some tasty looking bird devo.

PapaC Tatonka dust makes some good steaks and roast beef for sure, there is another similar or maybe original seasoning called Gunpowder that I also want to try just haven't done it yet.

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

PapaC

Quote from: Saber 4 on November 06, 2013, 06:12:13 PM

PapaC Tatonka dust makes some good steaks and roast beef for sure, there is another similar or maybe original seasoning called Gunpowder that I also want to try just haven't done it yet.

Saber, I received a bottle of Gunpowder in last years Christmas exchange  8), hadn't tried it before that. Do make sure you get some, you will love it!
I'm just a social smoker, I can quit any time I want.

Saber 4

Quote from: PapaC on November 08, 2013, 01:20:31 AM

Saber, I received a bottle of Gunpowder in last years Christmas exchange  8), hadn't tried it before that. Do make sure you get some, you will love it!

That's good to hear, I've been told they are similar enough that you can substitute one for the other if you need to. I just tried one of Marvin Rodak's cherry smoked coffee rubs and it was great on steaks.

devo

Quote from: Saber 4 on November 08, 2013, 07:37:47 AM

That's good to hear, I've been told they are similar enough that you can substitute one for the other if you need to. I just tried one of Marvin Rodak's cherry smoked coffee rubs and it was great on steaks.

In my opinion not even close other than they are both dark in color  ;)

Each has their own place in my cooks and yes both are good but different at least to me.

barbquebec

Both styles look great...Here's my take on bacon wrapped chicken breasts with cream cheese...I'm looking forward to trying the "smoked" version! :)

8)

SiFumar

One of my favorites Devo....and yours look amazing!  Will have to try the T-dust on them next I make them.

Saber 4

Quote from: devo on November 08, 2013, 12:32:06 PM
Quote from: Saber 4 on November 08, 2013, 07:37:47 AM

In my opinion not even close other than they are both dark in color  ;)

Each has their own place in my cooks and yes both are good but different at least to me.

Thanks, I've only been going on other's opinions on the gunpowder and have only tried the tatonka dust, I need to order some of both and do a taste test to see what I think.

pz

My online cookbook: good food & friends