cooking after smoking

Started by cubby, November 03, 2013, 07:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubby

If I smoke a brisket for 4 hours...Can I continue to cook it in the Bradley with the bubba pucks still heating on the burner for the duration of the cook time?

GusRobin

Yes. Sometimes I have taken a small stick (or piece of metal, etc.) and pushed the pucks into the water, other times I have left the pucks on the burner.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Saber 4

Quote from: GusRobin on November 03, 2013, 07:05:37 PM
Yes. Sometimes I have taken a small stick (or piece of metal, etc.) and pushed the pucks into the water, other times I have left the pucks on the burner.

Agree with GusRobin, when the smoke is done I usually use something to push the bubba bucks off the SG and then replace the puck bowl with a 9x13 cake pan full of boiling water for heat recovery.

Ka Honu

Does the presence/absence of the bubba pucks make that much of a temp difference?

Habanero Smoker

I just leave the Bubba puck on the burner. If I slide it off into the bowl I will forget about it and toss it with the rest of the spent bisquettes. Since the puck will not get any hotter then the bisquette burner itself, it is not going to harm anything by leaving it there.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

i leave the bubba  pucks in till im done cooking  even  if they are on th burner

Saber 4

Quote from: Ka Honu on November 03, 2013, 09:08:40 PM
Does the presence/absence of the bubba pucks make that much of a temp difference?

Not that I can see, I just remove them while I'm in there to change the water so I don't make the mistake others have talked about and grab them hot when I go to clean, otherwise it's no big deal to leave them there in my opinion.

TedEbear

I leave the bisquette saver on the burner but I turn off the SG after it has finished smoking.  With two 500W elements I don't need the 125W burner for added heat.