New here, Thanks to Bradley

Started by sawdust, June 04, 2006, 06:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawdust

Hi,

I bought an older style Bradley smoker on eBay.  When I opened the box I could see that the temp control was broken.  The knob and shaft that goes into the slider part was broken.  I called Bradley and the helper there took my information and with basically no questions asked, she sent me a new part.  This new part was the whole PC board with new knob.  This part came next day delivery!!  This is simply outstanding service!  I'm very happy!

I'm on the first rung of the ladder in my learning curve with this Bradley smoker.  I have been reading and learning what you guys have to say and I appreciate all the info here.

I remember years ago my Uncle Walter used to smoke his fresh caught Salmon.  On a lucky day I would get a sample of his smoked fish on a cracker with a tiny bit of cream cheese.  Oh boy!  Do I remember how good it was and that is my main reason for getting going on my own with this new Bradley smoker.
He actually had a real old refrigerator that he used to smoke with.  I remember he had his little smoke generator many feet away from the main box,  cold smoking I believe.  It would take him a couple days to do the smoking and he had to get up all during the night to re-feed the generator.

Anyway, just thought I'd do a little introduction and join the group.

Thanks, Mark

asa

Welcome Mark. Glad to have you with us. Keep in touch and let us know what and how you're doing. Hope you can recreate Uncle Walter's recipe for salmon.

Regards,
     Art
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

manxman

Welcome to the forum Mark, nice introduction.  :)  Let us know how you get on with that salmon.
Manxman

Oldman

Welcome Mark,

On our recipe site there are several really great salmon recipes.  Here is a Short Cut To The Salmon Recipes.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Arcs_n_Sparks

Sawdust,

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good advice and receipes here. Please add to the experience.

Arcs_n_Sparks

iceman

Welcome Mark. Your going to enjoy this place. Good luck on the fish.

sawdust

Thanks for the nice welcome's.  When I get going on actually doing the smoking I'll report back on how it went!

Mark

West Coast Kansan

Mark, your going to enjoy this forum. I too am new to the BS bunch but can share your delight with the customer service and product support.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)