Thanksgiving Jump Start

Started by rexster, November 12, 2013, 02:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rexster

Started smoking 2 turkey breasts today. Getting ahead for Thanksgiving. Strictly for sandwiches.
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

Gafala

I have been smoking 2-2gal Ziploc bags of Chex-Mix.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

tskeeter

Got my smoked turkey breast cut up and in the freezer.  Looking forward to some of my friend John's pasta with pesto and smoked turkey.  Simple, but delicious.

Saber 4

Sounds good, I've still got to brine and smoke a couple of turkey's and do some double stuff chex mix for thanksgiving.

iceman

Quote from: Saber 4 on November 12, 2013, 06:02:35 PM
Sounds good, I've still got to brine and smoke a couple of turkey's and do some double stuff chex mix for thanksgiving.

Double stuffed chex mix???
Do tell Saber.
My version of double stuff is two hands shoveling the chex mix into my mouth!   :P  ;D
You guys are making me hungry!

Saber 4

Quote from: iceman on November 12, 2013, 06:09:03 PM
Quote from: Saber 4 on November 12, 2013, 06:02:35 PM

Double stuffed chex mix???
Do tell Saber.
My version of double stuff is two hands shoveling the chex mix into my mouth!   :P  ;D
You guys are making me hungry!

It's a double seasoning batch modified off of the original 1950's Chex Mix recipe. I didn't like the little bread wafers and cracker pieces in the store bought chex mix as well as how small the bags were getting so I looked up the original recipe but it wasn't seasoned strong enough. Took it to BBQ on the River in Paducah and everyone was loving on it so I posted the recipe here http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=33284.msg388563#msg388563 I would be willing to bet you will love it if you try it, the cheerios really grab the seasoning and the smoke.

KyNola

Ice, that double stuffed Chex Mix recipe is seriously good.  As Saber said he brought it to BBQ on the River and NePaS and I pretty much destroyed the bag he brought.  It is crazy good!

Saber 4

Quote from: KyNola on November 12, 2013, 07:41:19 PM
Ice, that double stuffed Chex Mix recipe is seriously good.  As Saber said he brought it to BBQ on the River and NePaS and I pretty much destroyed the bag he brought.  It is crazy good!

It's always good when I like my creations but it's doubly good when others can't keep their hands out of it, I don't think there was any left the next day.

KyNola

Oh yes there was Robert because I grabbed the bag and took it home with me.  The bag mysteriously didn't show up at BBQ on the River the next day.  Jan and I must have "forgotten" to bring it. 8)

Saber 4

Quote from: KyNola on November 13, 2013, 08:04:30 AM
Oh yes there was Robert because I grabbed the bag and took it home with me.  The bag mysteriously didn't show up at BBQ on the River the next day.  Jan and I must have "forgotten" to bring it. 8)

LOL

Roget

At what temp did you smoke your mix?
YCDBSOYA

Saber 4

Quote from: Roget on November 13, 2013, 09:36:36 AM
At what temp did you smoke your mix?

With this getting old thing I can't remember for sure, I have done the chex mix both hot and cold though depending on what else I was doing in the smoker at the time. I have thought about setting it to 250 and trying to skip the oven cooking part but haven't tried it yet.

iceman

OldHickory

That recipe looks good Saber.  Looks to be a improvement over the original.  I will be trying it.  Thanks.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

Saber 4

Quote from: iceman on November 13, 2013, 11:18:19 AM
Thanks Saber  :)

Quote from: OldHickory on November 13, 2013, 11:28:11 AM
That recipe looks good Saber.  Looks to be a improvement over the original.  I will be trying it.  Thanks.

It's all just the great part of sharing we get to do here, let me know how it turns out.