Rhum Punch

Started by barbquebec, November 15, 2013, 04:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

OK bump. I completely forgot I made a batch of this and tonite I was on the search for pickles and found it in the back of the fridge. I even said to my daughter what the bleep is this and then I remembered. RUM PUNCH YAhooowie. So I took a couple good sips and wowsers. The flavors are definitely developed. And strong hoowieee it is strong but it doesn't have that real overpowering alcohol blast like moonshine which we can buy in the liquor stores here now. Yaaaa. It has a very nice citrus flavor too. This going to be a nice addition to my birthday celebrations this weekend. It is like I got a present already.  ;D  Mine is very dark compared to barbquebec and I am not sure why but if I made a mistake it was a very good one. :o
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

barbquebec

Quote from: Quarlow on March 21, 2014, 09:02:36 PM
OK bump. I completely forgot I made a batch of this and tonite I was on the search for pickles and found it in the back of the fridge. I even said to my daughter what the bleep is this and then I remembered. RUM PUNCH YAhooowie. So I took a couple good sips and wowsers. The flavors are definitely developed. And strong hoowieee it is strong but it doesn't have that real overpowering alcohol blast like moonshine which we can buy in the liquor stores here now. Yaaaa. It has a very nice citrus flavor too. This going to be a nice addition to my birthday celebrations this weekend. It is like I got a present already.  ;D  Mine is very dark compared to barbquebec and I am not sure why but if I made a mistake it was a very good one. :o
Enjoy and Happy Birthday,Q! ;D 8)
...looks like the Lamb's Navy Rum is a lot darker than the Appleton...

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

barbquebec

...just keeps getting better with age... ;)
8)

Dano

It's only 9am and I'm thirsty. How long did this one sit?
Proud member of PETA:  People Eating Tasty Animals.  :)

barbquebec

Quote from: Dano on April 03, 2014, 06:04:24 AM
It's only 9am and I'm thirsty. How long did this one sit?
...sat in the jar for 3 months...and let's just say I finished the glass before the crossword... 8)

MrSlick

Is there a preferred rum?  I haven't ever seen the "Navy" rum shown in the picture.  Cheap?  Spiced?  Bacardi? 

barbquebec

Quote from: MrSlick on April 03, 2014, 01:35:58 PM
Is there a preferred rum?  I haven't ever seen the "Navy" rum shown in the picture.  Cheap?  Spiced?  Bacardi?
I use Appleton...but any amber rum will do. 8)

Dano

I love Appleton on its own so I bet this is good. Looking forward to trying this!
Proud member of PETA:  People Eating Tasty Animals.  :)