Smoked BBQ'd shrimp

Started by iceman, June 07, 2006, 01:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

Tried this the other night. Cold smoked them in the Bradley for 45 minutes then slathered them in EVO and lime juice then grilled them for a couple of minutes. Really tasty guys. You guys "MADE ME DO IT". Thanks! ;D :P :D

tsquared

Those look very tasty indeed, Iceman! Good work!
T2

dick621

Dick in Emmett, Idaho

jaeger

Dick,
EVO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil

KARENCOOKS

I made some smoked shrimp yesterday too, but I minced them up and made shrimp cakes, kind of like crab cakes but with the shrimp, bet I ever made! Threw some scallops in the smoker too and tonight am making Warm Scallop salad with smoked tomato butter, can't wait. While the smoker was fired up, I had in there:

shrimp
scallops
tomatoes
onions
haloumi cheese, (if you haven't tried this your'e missing out)
and 4 duck legs to later confit (simmer in duck fat until falling apart)

winemakers

when should we be there for dinner?

::)

mld

manxman

QuoteI made some smoked shrimp yesterday too, but I minced them up and made shrimp cakes, kind of like crab cakes but with the shrimp, bet I ever made! Threw some scallops in the smoker too and tonight am making Warm Scallop salad with smoked tomato butter, can't wait. While the smoker was fired up, I had in there:

shrimp
scallops
tomatoes
onions
haloumi cheese, (if you haven't tried this your'e missing out)
and 4 duck legs to later confit (simmer in duck fat until falling apart)

Mmmmmmm........ impressive first post KARENCOOKS, welcome to the forum!  ;D

How about the recipe for the shrimp cakes? ;)
Manxman

KARENCOOKS

Thanks for the welcome, here is an approximation of what I did, I don't measure or follow recipes so a day later, my memory says:

3/4 lb smoked shrimp, (note to self, peel them before smoking next time)
1 lg egg
5 T mayo
1/2 t colemans dry mustard
2 T minced parsley
2 green onions, chopped fine
2 t worcestershire sauce
dash or 2 tobasco sauce
1/2 c panko breadcrumbs, more if needed
1T butter and a bit of veg oil to saute

Mince or chop fine the shrimp. I used a food processor, but hand chopping would work.  Combine with next 7 ingredients, egg thru tobasco. Add panko until a nice cake forming consistancy. mixture should be moist but not runny, adjust amount of panko as needed.  Refirgerate to allow the panko to absorb moisture, about 15-20 minutes. Form into cakes and saute until GBD. Top with a bit of guac or salsa of your choice. Enjoy!

iceman

Welcome Karencooks. Your recipe sounds great. You can post recipies on the recipe forum if you like so everyone can enjoy it. Thanks again for the post and we look forward to hearing from you in the future. ;D

winemakers

Cool, and to quote my wife, oh great, there goes the diet again.

Thanks a bunch, heading to the fishmonger right now!

mld

Habanero Smoker

Welcome Karen.

I also will need to try the shrimp cakes.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

Thanks Karencooks, definately a recipe to try. :D
Manxman

Jezziebella

Hi guys,
    What size shrimp?  Iceman, yours look like colossal, yumbo!  Had the opportunity to get those huge ones at the Farmer's market last Sat.  Wish I had.  Also, Couldn't exactly tell whether you peeled them first from the pic.
   And Karen,  nice to hear from another "chickie" out there.   :-*

iceman

Quote from: Jezziebella on June 12, 2006, 10:17:05 AM
Hi guys,
    What size shrimp?  Iceman, yours look like colossal, yumbo!  Had the opportunity to get those huge ones at the Farmer's market last Sat.  Wish I had.  Also, Couldn't exactly tell whether you peeled them first from the pic.
   And Karen,  nice to hear from another "chickie" out there.   :-*
I used 8 /12 ct. size shrimp. I did them shell off this time

irish_smoker

Sounds very good Karen, I'd have to say that about all the recipes you've posted so far.

I am going to give these a shot on Sunday, i'm thinking i may add some finely chopped crispy bacon to the mix.....mmmm bacon   ;D