Bradley and Meats versus Fish

Started by mamba, July 05, 2004, 06:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamba

I know this is a home board for Bradley Smokers, so please understand this is an objective search for info.  I'm really digging into research between the Bradley and Cookshack as far as serious smoking of meats.  Now, I'm sold on the Bradley's ability to control smoke for a period of time and I can see the advantages for cold smoking or fish as well as mixing wood.  My question is really more about ability to smoke great brisket and other meats. Can anyone here tell me of your experience with meat as opposed to fish on the Bradley?  And, if anyone has any experience between the Bradley and a Cookshack/Smokin Tex, I would greatly appreciate any comparisons.  Thanks for any help you can offer!

BigSmoker

I made the best brisket of my life in a BS.  IMHO a electronic polder is a must.  Opening the door on a BS increases cooking time a lot.  I didn't have one last time and did to much peeking and took a loooong time.  Can't beat the Smoke flavor though.  I bought a stainless and think its great.  I can't help you with the other brands.  Don't forget to try the smoked deviled eggs.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

BrentK

I too just finished the best pork I've ever had, 17lbs worth.  Also I've smoked salmon with great results. I've had a few different kinds of smokers...Brinkman, LittleSmoker,Sausage Maker..not the cookshack though...and the BS is the best I've had.  The ability to regulate the heat and the smoke I think is key.  The others I've had have trouble doing that.

BrentK
Grand Forks, ND