want to ship some smoked cheese to bowman SC

Started by michelle linnane, November 29, 2013, 06:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michelle linnane

I am going to ship some cheese to my friends on Monday in Bowman SC. I use two day delivery from Upstate NY to bowman SC. Our temp will not be above 40 for the week and Bowman looks like highs might be in the highs in 60's and the lows are about 39. I am thinking with smoked cheese I should not have to worry but, Thought I would wait for colder weather would like them to have it for Chirstmas. I will try it and see what happens. Worse thing I waste some postage and a couple of $2. 00 cheeses. We had some for thanksgiving and everyone loved it.     
Michelle Linnane

sage03

I don't think it should be any problem at all. Since the temps. won't be in the 80's or90's the cheese won't 'melt' or soften that much. Worse case scenario spend a little more for 2-3 day delivery. That's my take.

ragweed

I agree.  You should be fine.  I ship cheese and cured sausage this time of year without refrigeration.  Not a problem.

iceman

At those temps you'll be just fine. Cheese is normally served at room temp anyhow. The last market Ann and I went to in Italy all the cheese was out on tables at room temp. They said refrigeration of cheese is mostly an American thing to keep it longer but they didn't have that problem over there.  ;D

GusRobin

It won't make it from NY to SC. So I think you should send it to me in Alabama and they can come pick it up (less shrinkage due to handling).

It should be fine.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

michelle linnane

Hey Guys thank you for the advice. I normally go to the hannafords  and buy the small bars of cheese. Well going to make a trip to BJ today As the smoked cheese is such a  nice treat for everyone. Going to get me a big batch of cheese. Need some other things to, but dog food and cheese are on the list.
Michelle Linnane