Stop And Go Radio

Started by ListerD, June 09, 2006, 06:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ListerD

Live! On-Air
Friday night starting at 9:00 PM Central  http://www.stopandgoradio.com

If you tune in, please join is in chat (you'll have to setup and account or join us directly irc.afternet.org #sagr).

No smoking topics tonight... but we'll be doing some soon.

;D

ListerD

It ended up that later in the evening we did discuss some grilling and seasonings. There is a podcast of the show available.

Seriously, without it being a commercial for BS*, we would be interested in covering grilling and smoking for a few shows. It is that time of the year were most are getting their grills going and learning how to smoke.

If you'd be interested in coming on the show or offering show ideas please visit the forums (link above).

* Not saying we can't discuss BS either  ;) I just try to keep the station/show product neutral and we don't directly advertise. We have talked about doing product reviews (much as we've done game reviews)... so I'm sure you'll hear more on it soon.

Oldman

ListerD,

Without any insult, none of the posters with exception to one or two here are like those on the KoV site. If you have any hopes of any of the members here joining in live podcast then you best do a detail step by step how to (with images)  or it will be a no go.

It is not that these folks are slow, it is that "OH Computer Stuff" mentality that throws up that @#$@#%^  wall.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

ListerD

I can throw together a non-techies guide to Stop and Go Radio.

For the live show, it's not difficult since on the top right corner of the site there is a link that becomes active when we're live on Friday's.

Stay tuned...

ListerD

Let's try this one for size and clarity... 

It doesn't get any easier than this to listen to the live show on Friday nights or the rebroadcasts on Sunday and Tuesday nights.

Just go to the website and click to listen.  ;D

Our schedule on Friday's begins at 7:00PM Central.

7:00 - 8:15ish    Tech Talk Radio (Tech type show from Melbourne Australia)
8:15 - 8:45        Alternate weeks - either "The Anglican and the Atheist" or "Making Contact"
8:45 - 9:00        Music programming (usually Blues, Jazz, Classical or Bluegrass)
9:00 - 11:00       Stop and Go Radio Live - Weekly live talk show, we cover odd news, computer gaming, cooking and more (varies week to week)

We will be expanding to a full weekend soon, we're just gathering the programming now.

ListerD

Just a reminder if anyone is interested in listening tonight.

owrstrich

lister... i had it all synced up last night to listen to you boys... then i fell a sleep... next week...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

ListerD

Oldman

Posted another thread here that I could not connect or something did not allow me to connect. Should I be using anything special?
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

Same thing happened to me. I couldn't stream anything from the site.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ListerD

Hmm, usually Windows Media Player will pickup the link if you have nothing else to play MP3 streams.

Friday's show is being replayed now through 11:00 PM Central

Arcs_n_Sparks

I thought everyone had Winamp.....

Arcs_n_Sparks

ListerD

Winamp seems to work automatically for most people.

I made the asummption they're running something else.

Habanero Smoker

I'll give it another try in a little while. Right now I am running Windows Media 11 Beta. I hope that has nothing to do with it. Media 11 is running so well on my test machine I decided to install it on my other machines. Media 11 is a good media program. I can't wait until the final version is released, then I can relax a little.

PS.
If you don't have a test machine, I would by pass the beta version. Media 11 is not easy to uninstall cleanly.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ListerD

There won't be anything on air today, but I can start it up later for you to connect to and test.

Just post up when you're ready and if I'm not on the road I can fire it up for you.