2013 Xmas Exchange I Got It!! thread

Started by Tenpoint5, December 01, 2013, 08:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grouperman941

My box arrived from RedJada today!

2 kinds of BBQ sauce, bacon flavored hot sauce, bacon flavored peanuts, and a new rub to try. Thanks!

edit: Had a chance to taste the sauces. All very good. Not sure if you knew I liked hot stuff, but I love it, and these are pretty hot, with a lot of flavor too. I might have to dig up some pork chops to grill.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: Grouperman941 on December 05, 2013, 02:07:58 PM

bacon flavored hot sauce, bacon flavored peanuts, and a new rub to try. Thanks!

Bacon flavored peanuts...oh my.

Now the question regarding the rub...is it

"Heather's Butt" Rub or "Heather's" Butt Rub?

Either one sounds good....just never met Heather.  LOL

RedJada

That bacon hot sauce is awesome. Goes good on everything. As for the rub, it's good on everything as well and its "heathers butt rub" Don't ask how I know. We'll just say the first time I met heather was a little rough.  :o :o :o

Glad you like grouper and everything made it in one piece.

mez

Got a box from Rckcrwlr  today!Got some good treats!  s1234.photobucket.com/user/mez312/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1F22DE7A-82CA-4315-BED4-571B29719ED2_zpsd5niulg4.jpg.html][/URL] The treats inside!  http://s1234.photobucket.com/user/mez312/media/Mobile%20Uploads/C3888AC2-05B9-4079-A3FB-BD6FCE766AC0_zpssk3xirfr.jpg.html][/URL]   Thanks John!I'll be tapping into the beer mustard and jalapeƱo ketchup Saturday night for game.Never had either gonna take some brats out of the freezer tonight.Sure I'll make use of the red cup Saturday to that's going in the camper for sure.The BBQ sauce will have to wait a little while to try been to busy at work to smoke anything.That salt box looks like a good place to stash some smoked salt.Thank again and hope you and your family have a great Christmas!

Rckcrwlr

Glad you like it Matt...

The Isaly's Sauce is good tossed on some wings...

Hoping that Santa gets me a couple of those Salt Boxes too.    ;D

Look what I bought today...you're a bad influence...(well and my wife killed the piece you sent me).

GusRobin

STATUS

Shipped their gift

Barbquebec
Beefmann
Bradley Head Office
Cajunboudreaux
Gafala
GusRobin
iceman
Lumpy
mez
NePaSmoker
NorthShoreMN
PapaC
pensrock
Pikeman_95
Ragweed
Rckcrwlr
Redjada
Saber 4
Shasta Bob
SiFumar
smoke em if you got em
Smokertime
Snoopy
Tenpoint5
wkahler

Received their gift
Bavind
Grouperman941
Jiggerjams
mez
Rckcrwlr
Redjada
Shasta Bob
Snoopy

If your name is not listed and should be or if it is listed and shouldn't be --- send me a PM
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

pensrock

I GOT IT! Thank You Gus for putting this together.

A big Thank You to Matt and Andrea (mez) for the great Christmas gift. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Package arrived perfectly packed, not a scratch on anything!

Some homemade pepper jellies and pepper butter, goodies from Quaker Steak and Lube, Stubbs, Ballpark mustard from Cleveland, a Chipotle Rub and a pack of Crown Royal pucks. All will be put to good use.

Six assorted cheeses and proof I did not open the letter till last. :)
He must know how much I like to smoke cheese and many of these I have never had before so they will be a real treat once smoked and rested.
Looks like I will be doing another batch of cheese this weekend. :)

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: pensrock on December 06, 2013, 11:11:50 AM

Once you smoke the Horseradish Cheese, it will be real hard to find anything better for on a brisket sandwich...

We go to Guggisberg every year and I get their Thunder Jack.

Enjoy...

pensrock

Rckcrwlr
Oh, I know about the horseradish cheese, I just smoked ten pounds for some guys at work last Saturday along with 15 pounds of Cooper. Those are the two most popular cheeses I smoke and I do over 100 pounds a year.  This piece of horseradish will be mine, I just ran out and it is more than enough for me. :)

Thunder Jack, I have not had time to read all the packages yet, I'm guessing its a kind of pepper jack? I do know it is all going in the smoker probably tomorrow morning. I'll taste each of them before smoking then a week or two after smoking. It's nice to know what a kind of cheese tastes like before smoking it first.

So how did your wife like the smoked Cooper and pepperoni I put in with your gift?  I was going to put a bigger piece in but the bigger ones just came out of the smoker on Sat. and I want them to sit before giving them to anyone. So I gave you what I had in the fridge.

cajunboudreaux

Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you. I got my gift today from Tenpoint5.
I am very excited and grateful. How awesome is this? Very Awesome I must say! Looking forward to each and everything I received. Thank-you Gus for all of your hard work. Merry Christmas to all... Have a great holiday season.

Laissez les bon temps rouler

Tenpoint5

Glad you liked everything. Should keep you busy for a day or two!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

A BIG Thank-You to Saber4!! I got my box today.

A NICE selection of Rodak's sauces and rubs

Chi Thai Terriyaki, Chicken rub and BBQ Sauce. (Chicken Rub?? ???)

Homemade Jerky and some Jambalaya seasoning

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Saber 4

Glad you liked it, sorry about the chicken rub I had picked it up before I knew I was sending to you, it is so good though you may change your mind about yard bird or it's good on ribs to. Forgot to mention in the letter that the Jambalaya is a gift to you from Marvin that he added on my last trip to his shop. You'll have to post the jerky bag picture you sent me this morning so everyone will know how to protect their jerky. :)

standles

Just got back in town and had a very nice surprise waiting for me.   Alot of things I have never tried tried before.   Looking forwad to some smoking and grilling to try them all out.  ;D   I even got some Slawsa as seen on the shark tank  8)

The complete list reads like a shopping list for a BBQ addict.   
Snack Stick Sausage Casings
Snack Stick Spice
Starnes BBQ Sauce
Slawsa
Gunpowder seasoning (First one I am gonna try)
Fine Swine Seasoning
Jack Daniel's Southwestern style mustard
Mediterranean BBQ rub
Trail Dust Seasoning
Super Pig Seasoning
Road Kill Grill Seasoning
Bob Gibson White BBQ sauce
Wild Bucj Butt Burner Seasoning

Whew...   My fingers are tired now.

Thanks Gus for all the seasonings and snack stick makins.   
God Bless you and your family this CHRISTmas season.

Steven

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: pensrock on December 06, 2013, 01:10:26 PM
So how did your wife like the smoked Cooper and pepperoni I put in with your gift?  I was going to put a bigger piece in but the bigger ones just came out of the smoker on Sat. and I want them to sit before giving them to anyone. So I gave you what I had in the fridge.

She loved it....

I really liked the "taste", of the pepperoni.  I need to make me some of that.  Do you have a thread of it on here?

Currently coldsmoking some Cooper, Habanero Cheddar and Super Hot Pepper Cheese...

Thanks again,
John