...more homemade pasta...

Started by barbquebec, December 12, 2013, 06:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbquebec

...gemelli with a roasted walnut,gorgonzola,shallot,white wine and cream sauce...

8)

ragweed

Nicely done.  Looks great!  Miss Cindy makes pasta too.  Like bacon, sure beats "store bought"!!

barbquebec

Quote from: ragweed on December 13, 2013, 06:00:57 AM
Nicely done.  Looks great!  Miss Cindy makes pasta too.  Like bacon, sure beats "store bought"!!
...Thanks ragweed...can't wait to try the homemade bacon!! 8)

seemore

That looks really good, Barbque!
As someone who is just beginning to experiment with pasta making, this gives me hope.
I made some spaghetti last week, but the noodles were too mushy after the cook.  So, back to the kitchen I will go!
The sauce sounds delectable, too!  Care to share the recipe?
Mrs Seemore

barbquebec

Quote from: seemore on December 15, 2013, 08:29:07 AM
That looks really good, Barbque!
As someone who is just beginning to experiment with pasta making, this gives me hope.
I made some spaghetti last week, but the noodles were too mushy after the cook.  So, back to the kitchen I will go!
The sauce sounds delectable, too!  Care to share the recipe?
Mrs Seemore
Thanks Mrs. Seemore...here's a general recipe I go by and adjust to my taste...I also use 100% duram semolina for my pasta...
8 oz (225 g) creamy Gorgonzola or Cashel Blue
8 oz (225 g) walnuts
2 tbsps. butter
2 shallots halved and sliced
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup single cream(10% or 15% is fine)
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
freshly grated parmesan
salt and freshly milled black pepper
...in a non-stick skillet toast walnuts on low heat until they start to brown(you'll know there done when they start smelling "nutty")
...in another skillet on med. heat melt butter then add shallots.Cook until softened.Add wine and reduce by half.Crumble cheese into shallot,wine mix stir until melted.Stir in cream until blended.Add nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.Add pasta and top with grated parm and toasted walnuts. 8)

seemore

Thanks!  This really sounds wonderful.  Then again, you had me at Gorgonzola cheese!!!!

Mrs S

barbquebec

Saber 4

I could a eat a plate or two of that.

Smoker John

I'll be right over, looks great
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712