how to use the bubba puck

Started by al_sfbay, December 13, 2013, 09:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_sfbay

Ok after doing 5 smokes I realize now, what the benefit of the Bubba puck is.  After looking around, the best price I found was on Ebay $16.49 for 3-pak.  This made me wonder why they sell 2-paks as well as 3-paks.   I can only assume I put the BPs on top of the bisquettes.  Do I substitute a BP for the last 20 mins, and likewise 2 BPS for 40 mins  and 3 for 30?

Saber 4

I use 3 on my BDS 4 rack and set the timer for an additional hour, 20 minutes per bubba puck to get the last wood puck into the bowl.
On my 2 rack BCS I use 2 and set for an additional hour, 30 minutes per puck to push the last wood puck into the chamber.

tskeeter

Al, I use three bubba pucks.  That way the puck feeder pushes the last puck off of the puck burner and into the puck bowl.  Since I set the puck burner to run longer than my smoke time, this keeps the last puck from sitting and burning to ash on the puck burner.  A bubba puck sitting on the hot puck burner just adds a wee bit more surface area to transfer heat to the cabinet.  NBD.

Wildcat

I use 2 bubba's and follow it with an old dried out wood puck.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

TedEbear

I use 3 bisquette savers from Auber.  They are lightweight hollow rings as opposed to solid metal.  Add 20 minutes for each bisquette saver in the stack.

al_sfbay

Thanks everybody I just bought the 3-pak from Ebay as it appeared to be the best deal.