new to smoking

Started by allmann, December 13, 2013, 11:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TedEbear

Quote from: Saber 4 on December 15, 2013, 03:08:10 PM
Since I have the 4 rack digital if I ever wanted to do any mods what would my options be?

It is easy to add one of the single probe or dual probe plug-n-play PID controllers to it.  Also, the 900W finned element or the dual 500W element mod would be the same as the original, since the cooking tower is the same design.

Saber 4

Quote from: TedEbear on December 15, 2013, 05:14:51 PM
Quote from: Saber 4 on December 15, 2013, 03:08:10 PM
Since I have the 4 rack digital if I ever wanted to do any mods what would my options be?

It is easy to add one of the single probe or dual probe plug-n-play PID controllers to it.  Also, the 900W finned element or the dual 500W element mod would be the same as the original, since the cooking tower is the same design.

So the dual probe PID would take over all the functions of the digital SG?

Wildcat

I'm not sure, but I do not think it would take over the programing for smoke time but it would take over control of the heat.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

TedEbear

Quote from: Saber 4 on December 15, 2013, 05:45:14 PM
So the dual probe PID would take over all the functions of the digital SG?

I know it will take over the temp control of the cooking chamber.  According to the Auber website it appears that it can also control the SG.

Dual-Probe PID Controller for Bradley Smoker

Tenpoint5

The dual probe won't turn the smoke generator on and off on the digital models if I remember correctly.  Only the originals. Thus essentially making them a digital
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

dman4505

Welcome from Western Iowa
A lot depends on how much you intend on using her, how much (pounds) you plan on smoking at one time and how hands on you want to be.
I have the original and love it.
By the way where you from?

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.