Record Keeping

Started by manxman, June 13, 2006, 03:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

A while ago (probably over a year) someone posted a blank "record keeping" sheet to use to write details of all aspects of individual smokes in the BS.

It was something I meant to print out at the time but forgot. I have done a search but cannot find it, can anyone point me in the right direction? It may also be useful to the new kids on the block as well!!

Yes, I can do one myself but this was a particularly good one.

Thanks,
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Car54 posted it, but the link no longer works. He got it off the Weber site. You can either download it in Excel or PDF format. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the links.

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/cookinglog.html

I had a log, which l lost, with all my data, that I preferred. Hopefully I can find that format along with my data.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

whitetailfan

That is the log, I printed a bunch and have not had to go back yet.  To be honest, I liked it, but I hardly used it at all.

Doe Whitetail built me a smoker log for Christmas.  It's a 3" binder with zipper, she put in a bunch of plastic sleeves to hold papers and also some sleeves which normally are for photos, but I use them for recipe cards.  Bunch of kids star stickers to rate recipes, keep track etc.

She also organized all the recipes I printed off the net from here or other sources into meat type and put them in the binder.  I had a terrible system of all smoking info in a file folder in the desk drawer - totally unorganized.

Now I have a nice organized log of recipes and techniques with some pictures of the results to get your mouth watering, or action shots of me and the kids getting the smoker ready.  It was a great home made gift, I love it.
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

manxman

Thanks for the replies folks, I have to do something because my memory is not what it was and I am only 46!! :-[

Joking apart I have so many recipes in my head it is time to get them in some sort of order and on paper, I rarely do exactly the same thing twice because to me part of the fun is experimenting (we are talking recipes here before some joker applies a bit of lateral thinking! ;D) and (hopefully) improving but more and more I cannot remember the baseline from which to start from! ::)

QuoteNow I have a nice organized log of recipes and techniques with some pictures of the results to get your mouth watering, or action shots of me and the kids getting the smoker ready.  It was a great home made gift, I love it.

That sounds so good WTF, a sort of family album..... I love it!

Manxman