sausage carosell

Started by fuzzy3955, December 16, 2013, 08:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzy3955

I have and idea and want to know if any one else has a thought about it. IT would be like a carousel that would mount thru the vent holes on your smoker and have a turning knob that would rotate and hold about 12 sticks of sausage so you could keep turning to avoid hot spots. I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas,

thanks fuzzy

PapaC

It looks like you mean one that you rotate by hand. I think it's a good idea as long as it doesn't block any flow through the vents. One downside I see is you couldn't rotate top to bottom if there were temp differences.

Others with more experience than me will chime in, and I look forwards to seeing what they say.
I'm just a social smoker, I can quit any time I want.

Saber 4

It sounds like a good idea, I would suggest that instead of hanging from the vent hole you could use a steel bearing ring like a bar stool uses and have a rod that extends through the vent hole to turn. It might be a little more cumbersome to put in than hanging but you would eliminate any stress to the vent hole and make it easier to turn, you could put it in and warm up the smoker then hang the sausage and turn as you load. If you try it be sure and post pictures I'd love to see how it turns out.

Tenpoint5

You mean like this one? It works really good.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

fuzzy3955

yes something like the picture ten point posted. Could you give me the specs and maybe a better picture can't quite see the top very good. Was even thinking of like and octopus type with like 10-12 arms coming out. glad to see there's helpful folks out there with and imagination as well.

keep on smokin

fuzzy

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

STLstyle

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

fuzzy3955

thanks all stopping there friday happy hollidays all

fuzzy