Kitchener Meat Slicer

Started by floydboy69, December 19, 2013, 11:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

floydboy69

Princess auto here in northern BC has a heavy duty meat slicer. I have tried to find reviews on the internet but have found none. Has anyone had this slicer and can provide feedback as to the to how well this works for cutting meat for jerky

mikeradio

Hello

I am in Prince George, nice to see more Northern BC people here.  I have seen the slicer at PA but never used one or heard any reviews.

mike

floydboy69

Hi Mike

I used the nesco one from London Drugs and all it did was shred the meat....269 plus tax is a big bill for a slicer and I want to make sure that it will actually work well

Kevin

lumpy

I live in Kitchener and just bought a meat slicer.........I thought you talking about me ;D ;D ;D

JZ

My experience with Kitchener products has not been a good one. Bought the $50 meat grinder from PA and had issues so I returned it and ordered the $150 grinder. POS wish I returned it. No experience with the Kitchener slicer but my experience with Kitchener suggests it is poor quality. The good news though is that PA has the BEST return policy. If you're not happy return it and no questions asked, you get your money back. My suggestion is to watch the local Craigslist or Kijiji for a used quality slicer.

I got this used Italian made 12" slicer for $170 and it is fantastic!!!!! The 8" Cuisinart slicer beside it was $130 and it was my second slicer. Pretty sure I'm not going to upgrade again.

floydboy69

Thanx for the input....I will try the slicer from PA and if it does not work then I will return it.

renoman

floydboy69 I bought that Kitchener slicer a few weeks back and so far it is great. Only thing I don't like about it is you have to remove 3 screws to get the blade off to wash it. It is a very sturdy machine though.

chola

so how has this slicer been holding up so far....I am looking at the same one right now