more trouble with heating up

Started by al_sfbay, December 20, 2013, 03:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_sfbay

to all,
I removed the back cover and all connections are good.  I think I just got a flakey-now-gone-bad heating element.

renoman,
I don't share your views, in that I am not unhappy with my smoker or Bradley, I just think I got a bad element.  S&^T happens.  Most items that are assembled today have a measurable failure rate of ~1%.  I think we are just hearing about the failures, as many owners don't go online looking for help till they have a problem. then they post.  Personally I do like my BDS and look forward to getting it fixed and getting back to the important things, smoking and then enjoying it.

renoman

Quote from: al_sfbay on December 22, 2013, 12:09:48 PM
to all,
I removed the back cover and all connections are good.  I think I just got a flakey-now-gone-bad heating element.

renoman,
I don't share your views, in that I am not unhappy with my smoker or Bradley, I just think I got a bad element.  S&^T happens.  Most items that are assembled today have a measurable failure rate of ~1%.  I think we are just hearing about the failures, as many owners don't go online looking for help till they have a problem. then they post.  Personally I do like my BDS and look forward to getting it fixed and getting back to the important things, smoking and then enjoying it.

I am not "unhappy" with my Bradley. I just wish they would look after the recurring problems that they are having. I read about the wiggling wires, temp swings and puck advance problems but I like you didn't think I would be in that "1%" but now I am on all 3 issues.

al_sfbay

I spoke wit hbradley on the phone today and they looked up my warranty and said they would get a heating element out immediately, that is customer service.  Now I know that are are no guarantees but they are overnighting it to me, given the time and my smoking plans.