First Cheese Smoke

Started by UncleAl, December 23, 2013, 02:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleAl

After looking at all of the great photos of other forum members cheese pictures decided to try it for myself. This is my first post with pictures hope it comes out good.

[/URL][/img]

[/URL][/img]

Smoked for 2 hours using apple.

[/URL][/img]

Now i going to wrap and put in the beer fridge for a month. Sure hope it comes out as good as everyone says it does.

tailfeathers

I predict that in twenty eight days you will be wishing you had smoked more than you did!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

UncleAl

tailfeathers

Whatever you did it worked because I can the photos on your first post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

UncleAl

TedEbear

Quote from: UncleAl on December 23, 2013, 05:03:41 PM
How do you post photos?

Upload your photo(s) to a free host site, such as Photobucket

To the right of each uploaded photo there's an "IMG" box.  Click anywhere in that box and the contents will automatically be pasted onto your clipboard.

Paste the clipboard contents in a message on here and click the Preview button to see if it worked. 

UncleAl

After 2 hours of smoking with Apple

ragweed

I can see them now.  Nice color!  Now the hard part.  Waiting

Saber 4

Roget

Nice color.

Give it about 6 weeks, add a bottle of wine, some summer sausage, & some crackers, & you will be good to go.
YCDBSOYA

Cheech

Looks awesome...can't wait to try it.  Is there a guideline for how long different types of cheeses need to age?

ragweed

I'd been waiting 6 weeks but decided to try some swiss at 4 and it was fine.  I'm sure the experts will have a guideline by type and reveal it shortly.

pokermeister

After smoking cheese multiple times, I have personally found that the harder the cheese, the longer it needs to sit. Cream cheese and velveeta are ready in 2 1/2 weeks, but a hard cheddar can take up to 6 weeks to convert.
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

BoxcarBetts

Wow. Smoking cheese seems like such an incredibly simple and awesome idea.

Do you guys pretty much just buy your favourite cheese off the grocery store shelf and go for it?
I've also noted how long you guys say to leave the cheese in the fridge afterwards to bloom (is that the correct terminology? Haha). How do you keep the cheese from moulding if you don't have a vacuum sealer? Or does the smoke naturally preserve it?

Thanks!
They say it's easier to quit heroin than it is to quit smoking!