Sausage hooks

Started by Jkwellborn, December 30, 2013, 07:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jkwellborn

Any one use them? I thought about getting some for making summer sausage and links. I admit, I am a little of a gadget nerd concerning stuff like that. I have found some online. Thoughts?

Saber 4

I bought a set on clearance at Cabela's a while back but haven't tried them yet.

renoman

I made my own. I needed to get the max height in my cabinet. Along with the electrical zip ties it gets me a couple inches from the top.

KyNola

Stainless steel "S" hooks from your local hardware store work just fine.

Jkwellborn

I went ahead and ordered them. $19. I'm not gonna sweat it. It's my chrimmus present to myself. When they come in I'm gonna try some links. And summer sausage.

UncleAl

renoman - I have a OBS and want to copy your idea for hanging sausage. Can you tell we what size the dowel rods are on you setup and what you are using for the "S" hooks

renoman

Quote from: UncleAl on January 01, 2014, 06:41:09 AM
renoman - I have a OBS and want to copy your idea for hanging sausage. Can you tell we what size the dowel rods are on you setup and what you are using for the "S" hooks

UncleAl, I used 1/2" dowels glued them into pieces of 1x4 to get them up higher and just bought some eyelets from HD and pried them apart with a couple pair of needle nosed pliers to make hooks. Put them in every 1-1/2". I can hang 12-13 lbs of sausage in there and keep them away from the lower back of the cabinet where the element is.

UncleAl

Jkwellborn

That's a great idea btw.