New from Saskatchewan.

Started by Hightek, December 25, 2013, 07:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hightek

Hello all, Mike. New to smoking. Trying to decide between digital and original. Can anyone help?

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.

RAF128

Welcome. Where in Saskatchewan? 
Depends on what you ant to do with it. If you're going to do brisket, pulled pork and so on, the OBS will be fine. If you're a ting to do sausage and hang it, get the 6 rack DBS.  More room. You also might want a temperature controller.

Hightek

Southern Sask. Yes, will be doing sausage as well. Thanks for the info!

tailfeathers

Welcome from SoDakota. Do the words "gonna put my boots and my hat back on" mean anything to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

beefmann

welcome aboard, both are  good units, i own the original for 8  years and have  lots of  good smokes  with it,,,  the benefit of the digital it  allows you to control the  temp and smoke ,  for the  price , get the  otginal and   build your  own  controller /  timer  for  cheaper and it  would be a  better controller 

Hightek

jjmoney

Just get the original and an auber control box.

Saber 4

UncleAl

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Indy Smoker

I went with the digital to start and was not overly happy with the temp control so I beefed it up with a 900w element and an auber.
Very happy now. You can always start like I did with a stock unit and add to it as you learn and grow your recipes 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hightek

Thanks everyone, have a 6 rack on the way as I will be hanging sausage as well.

Hightek

Do not hang your sausage. Use the trays and rotate every half hour.