Hello from Manitoba

Started by hotspur76, December 28, 2013, 08:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotspur76

Hello fellow smokers, this is my first post but I've been following for awhile and using many recipes from this site!! I have a 4 rackDBS and just got a Dakota Stuffer and a PID for Xmas so I'm kinda pumped to get some sausage making going!!

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  Beware.  Sausage making is not a hobby.  It's an addiction!!!

Saber 4

Quote from: ragweed on December 28, 2013, 08:47:27 PM
Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  Beware.  Sausage making is not a hobby.  It's an addiction!!!

That's no joke either, welcome to the forum from Texas

tailfeathers

I've started making Canadian bacon and dried beef. That led to smoked salmon. I'm scared to start sausage because I don't know WHAT that might lead to. I seem to be unable to help myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

ragweed

Oh heck, go for it guys.  Your life will change forever.  But with that change will come the best Brats, Italian, Kielbasa, Bologna, hot dogs, snack stix, chicken tomato basil, etc, etc, you ever ate.   :) :) :)

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: ragweed on December 29, 2013, 08:37:54 AM
Oh heck, go for it guys.  Your life will change forever.  But with that change will come the best Brats, Italian, Kielbasa, Bologna, hot dogs, snack stix, chicken tomato basil, etc, etc, you ever ate.   :) :) :)
I don't mean to pile on here....well, yes I do... ;D  Thought about dry aging your own beef? Making dry cured sausage without having to set up a dry cure chamber? Check out the UMAi website:  http://www.drybagsteak.com  They have a bunch of "how to" videos so you can see how simple the process is. I've been dry aging whole ribeyes, tenderloins etc. and currently have two pancettas and a capicola curing in the fridge. They're about a week away from finish. Everytime I open the garage fridge the spice aroma makes me salivate. I'm getting to the point where I have to back off some on all these neat things to try. We can't consume it fast enough.  :o :(
What the heck, an addiction isn't worth squat if it isn't all consuming, right? ;)
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

beefmann

welcome aboard and enjoy your  new  place for friends and information

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

hotspur76

Awesome to see all the support, just did smoke smoked salmon this weekend, a little dry but I'll fine tune it out, but as I heard before no pics means not done...lol...can anyone direct me on how to add pics to a post...thanx for any advice