New from Saint Louis and do not want to mess this up...

Started by Mufb20, December 25, 2013, 08:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mufb20

Just got the digital four rack smoker and wood chips for Xmas. I am uber excited to start smoking some wonderful food. My big question is what temps and smoke times should I use on certain foods? I am sure as a rookie I need to know several things and I am open to any advice. I know about the two extra wood pieces so they drop correctly. What else am I missing?

TedEbear

Welcome aboard.  I'm also in the St. Louis area (Wildwood).  I've had a non-digital original Bradley for several years.  The recipe site in the link below should help you with many of your questions about what temps to use and for how long, etc.

Here are a few links to get you started:

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

Frogmats Non-Stick High Temperature Smoker / Jerky Screen 10" x 13"

Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer Set - Maverick ET732

Bradley Smoker Bisquette Saver

Bradley Smoker FAQs

There are more but try those out before getting into things like enclosures for storing your Bradley outdoors, mods to your smoker, etc.  I'm sure someone will be along to help you with those if you're interested.

Any plans for your first smoke?  Pork butts (I think the new name is Boston roast) are easy and forgiving, although they can take a long time to cook.  Take some before/after pics of your efforts and post them if you're so inclined.  People around here like to see pics.

Adding pictures to posts on the Bradley Smoker Forum

ragweed

TedEbear has you going in the right direction.  Welcome from Nebraska.

beefmann

welcome aboard, Ted has you   pointed in the  right  direction, also  remember to always have the top vent  open, if you  cant  find what you  are  looking  for , Ask, ask , ask,,, we  all were  new at  one  time,

enjoy 

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

tailfeathers

And hello from South Dakota as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Saber 4

Beekeeper

Welcome from another brand new Bradley Smoker owner.  I live just across the river near Troy, IL.  I'm looking forward to getting some bisquettes, seasoning my 4 rack digital smoker, and get cooking!  (I ordered bisquettes from Bass Pro today, as they had them in stock at a good price........in case you need some.)