6 rack vs 4 rack?

Started by Hightek, December 26, 2013, 06:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hightek

Is the 6 rack that much bigger than the 4 rack that makes it worth the exta cost?

tailfeathers

It's a third again as big, and in my opinion is the only reason to go with digital over original. I have a six rack digital, I have modified it with a 900 watt element and control the heat with a single probe auber pid. I love this setup but all I use the digital control in the smoke generator for is the puck burner. If you don't need the extra space I would probably go with the OBS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Hightek

Ok, thanks. I will be hanging sausage so probably the 6 rack is the way to go for me.

beefmann

agrees with tail, also if you are  gonna  be  making sausages that you  are gonna  hang,,, the 6  rack  would be better,, though in general the 4 rack is great for  every  day  use and for good  size gatherings up to 25 to 30 people.

renoman

If you are hanging sausages absolutely go with the 6 rack. I have the 4 rack and have to really shorten my sausages so the bottoms don't over cook. I try to not make them over 12"

Hightek

Thanks guys! 6 rack it will be.

Hightek

beefmann

Quote from: Hightek on December 26, 2013, 03:20:27 PM
What mods you suggest?

after the warranty is up, .. consider the  900 watt element mod or duel 500 watt elements,  fan to  help with box even  out the box temps, and an  auber  pid  with step heating for the sausages

Hightek