Jan's Rub?

Started by uplandpointer, December 27, 2013, 07:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uplandpointer

I' am new here so bare with me.

Is Jan's Rub posted some place on this site or is it something that you purchase?

TMB

Quote from: uplandpointer on December 27, 2013, 07:50:54 PM

Is Jan's Rub posted some place on this site or is it something that you purchase?
Yes it is hang on someone will post it
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

TMB

My friend has a commercial BBQ restaurant and gave me some of his rub. He would not however give me his recipe so I put my wife on a mission to find something very similar on the internet and then we would tweak it to match his. Here is the best effort. It only has 14 ingredients and makes a bunch. Thought you might like to take a look.

Ingredients: •1 cup + 4 tbsp sugar
•1/4 cup Lawry's seasoned salt
•1/4 cup garlic salt
•1/4 cup + 1 1/2 tsp celery salt
•1/4 cup onion salt
•1/2 cup paprika
•3 Tbsp chili powder
•2 Tbsp black pepper
•1 Tbsp lemon pepper
•2 tsp celery seed
•2 tsp dry ground sage
•1 tsp dry mustard
•1/2 tsp dry ground thyme
•1/2 tsp cayenne
Directions: 1.Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well blended. Store in a cool area away from light in air tight jar or sealable plastic bag.
Hope you enjoy.
KyNola

TedEbear

And here's the spicy version, if you want something with a little more kick:

Ingredients:

1 cup + 4 tbsp sugar
    1/4 cup Lawry's seasoned salt
    1/4 cup garlic powder
    1/4 cup + 1 1/2 tsp celery salt
    1/4 cup onion salt
    1/2 cup paprika
    3 Tbsp chili powder
    2 Tbsp black pepper
    1 Tbsp lemon pepper
    2 tsp cayenne
    2 tsp celery seed
    2 tsp dry ground sage
    1 tsp dry mustard
    1/2 tsp dry ground thyme

Directions:

Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well blended. Store in a cool area away from light in air tight jar or sealable plastic bag.

Hope you enjoy.
KyNola

KyNola

Thanks for posting the recipes guys.  I was away from the computer yesterday and didn't see the request until today.

KyNola

UncleAl

Saber 4

You can't miss with Jan's Rub!

tskeeter

Quote from: uplandpointer on December 27, 2013, 07:50:54 PM

Pointer, the recipe for Jan's Rub as well as recipes from several of the forum's most experienced members can be found at Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes at www.susanminor.org.  Take a look.  It'll give you ideas.

TedEbear

uplandpointer

Thanks guys, for clearing this up for me. It is hard some times when I'm new to a site and trying to get in sink with the local jargon.   

WoodlawnSmoker

Wow, thanks for posting that, this looks like a fantastic rub.  I've bookmarked this and will make up a batch soon.

I know I'm a brand new member, but I'd like to make a tiny suggestion for the site.  There are some absolutely fabulous recipes and suggestions here but often they are buried under pages and pages of posts.  Unless one is very adept at searching, they can be difficult to find if you aren't using the correct search terms.  Is there some way that these recipes can be sorted and stickied for easier finding?  Full credit can be given to the donors in the folders or titles.  Just a suggestion.
Don

Grouperman941

Quote from: WoodlawnSmoker on December 29, 2013, 03:53:03 PM
Wow, thanks for posting that, this looks like a fantastic rub.  I've bookmarked this and will make up a batch soon.

I know I'm a brand new member, but I'd like to make a tiny suggestion for the site.  There are some absolutely fabulous recipes and suggestions here but often they are buried under pages and pages of posts.  Unless one is very adept at searching, they can be difficult to find if you aren't using the correct search terms.  Is there some way that these recipes can be sorted and stickied for easier finding?  Full credit can be given to the donors in the folders or titles.  Just a suggestion.
Don

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?180-Our-Time-Tested-and-Proven-Recipes
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

TMB

No mater where you get it, Jan's rub is one of the finest rubs out there!

WoodlawnSmoker

Quote from: Grouperman941 on December 29, 2013, 04:20:39 PM
Quote from: WoodlawnSmoker on December 29, 2013, 03:53:03 PM

Don

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?180-Our-Time-Tested-and-Proven-Recipes

Yeah, that will work, lol.  Thanks for the link, much work must have gone into that but it's just what I'm looking for.

TedEbear

Quote from: WoodlawnSmoker on December 29, 2013, 04:36:33 PMYeah, that will work, lol.  Thanks for the link, much work must have gone into that but it's just what I'm looking for.

You can d/l the entire recipe list from that site here:  Recipe Download