Paint Peeling?

Started by f1rstgen, December 29, 2013, 10:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

f1rstgen

Hi guys,
     I just got a new 4 rack digital model fro christmas and I have only used it twice. All around the door and vent the black paint is bubbling and coming off. It looks like it has had paint stripper put on it... Does anyone else have this issue? It seems to me that a $550 smoker should have a paint that would hold up more than 2 uses.....

SEE RESOLUTION BELOW!! Bradley has made me a loyal customer!

Tiny Tim

Can you post pics of the problem?

Pics will need to be hosted on another site, such as photobucket, and the image link placed into your post.

Salmonsmoker

Sounds like a warranty problem. You should return it to where you bought it and exchange it for another smoker. Bradley folks stand behind their warranty.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

pensrock

Wonder if that is like that one other similar problem a guy had around his top vent. I never did hear what happened with that one.  :-\
I would defiantly give Bradley a call and some picture would help.  :)

f1rstgen

My wife bought it off the Bradley Smoker site direct. I have had 2 other electric smokers and never with this issue  :( ...

f1rstgen

Im having issue at the vent to..

Tiny Tim

To me it looks like the vent wasn't open enough, and your load(s) had a lot of moisture, and it's just a "tar" buildup instead of paint bubbling and peeling.  The small round holes in the vent have the same kind of buildup in them.

f1rstgen

The buildup in the holes is paint from rotating the vent..... I did 1 turkey in it with vents open 3/4 of the way. And today is the second load w 1 6lb piece of brisket.. here is another pic to show its definately the paint peeling

how to print screen on pc

Habanero Smoker

As Pensrock mentioned earlier, another member has a similar defect. If you purchase it from a brick and mortar store return it for a new one, or call Bradley.

Either way you handle this, you should notify Bradley of this defect.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

f1rstgen

Thanks for the help guys. I will be calling them in the morning. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a typical problem. I do feel better that it sounds like an isolated case. I was really dissapointed when I saw it...

f1rstgen

Just to give everyone an update...... We called Bradley today to inform them of the issues I was having. After sending them pictures,  I am glad to say they were VERY HELPFUL!! They agreed that the paint shouldn't have been peeling after two uses, and they will be shipping out a replacement smoker. So if anyone is concerned about Bradley's customer service or if they stand behind there warranty.. DONT BE!! They back there product 100%

pensrock

Glad to hear they helped you out. They have top notch customer service. And now they know to keep an eye out for a potential paint problem.

ERLEC

I have the same problem and contacted Bradley. What an incredible service. They said they'll ship me a new unit and told me to destroy my actual smoker with paint peeling issues.

I hope the new unit won't have the same issue. Is that caused by some batch of bad paints? I always smoke with the damper wide open.

Habanero Smoker

Hi ERLEC;

Welcome to the forum.

If there is a problem with the Bradley, those customers will generally come to this forum for help. As far as I know, you are only the third person to report this problem so the problem seems to be rare. When you get your new smoker you should be fine. I'm not sure what the problem could be.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ERLEC

Thanks Habanero... The last thing I want is to stop smoking. My smoked salmon and the smoked ham are just amazing! Can't imagine how I lived without that before...

Yummy...