Electrical Problems??

Started by Ant, December 29, 2013, 04:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ant

Hey Guys,

My wife gave me a BTIS1 for Christmas and I'm just getting to hooking it up now. I can't get the power indicator light to come on connecting the smoke generator to the smoker using the short cord included. Checked the fuse, unplugged everything and plugged it back in a million times, still nothing. Now, if I plug the smoker straight into the outlet using the long cord, I get power.

I checked the search and couldn't find anything. Any suggestions? Or just bring it back tomorrow and exchange it?

Saber 4

Sounds like a bad cord, I would say take it back and get another at this point, if all the plugs are seating tightly.

Ant

Thanks,

I figured it had to be the cord or the receptacle in the smoke generator, just wanted to make sure it wasn't something newbish I was doing.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Ant;

Welcome to the forum.

When you state that the power indicator light does not come on, are you referring to the light on the generator or on the face plate of the cabinet? The indicator light on the face panel is very difficult to see whether it is on or off during the day time. Make sure the temperature slider switch is all the way to the right, and open the door remove the drip tray (V-Tray) and see if the element is beginning to glow red. If it is, your smoker is properly working.

You can easily rule out if that short jumper cord is faulty or not. If you have a multimeter you can test the continuity of each wire in the cord. If you don't have a multimeter, I believe the model you have, you can detach the long power cord from the back of the generator, if not you will need to use a desktop computer cord. Plug that cord into the back of the cabinet and directly into a wall socket. If the power indicator light works and the element glows red, then the problem could be with the cord. Most likely it is probably a loose wire at the receptacle inside the generator. The below link will be helpful if you want to open the generator, it will not void your warrenty.
How To Clean The Generator

If by plugging the cabinet directly into the wall socket, it doesn't work, then you may have a loose wire in the cabinet, or the in-line fuse is bad. The next link will take you to some other troubleshooting tips and helpful information on how to use your smoker.
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

you may also have a  connection inside the smoke generator that may have  came  loose, open it and  check

remove the  8 outer  screws and open it  like a clam shell carefully and  slowly look to see if any connections are  loose , attach where they  need to be and  close  smoke  generator.. place screws back on and try again

Smoker John

I had a similar problem when I first got my digital, the puck plate wasn't heating up, as others have stated I re-seated the wires and it has been working fine ever since.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712