Peeling finish/paint after first smoke on brand new smoker??

Started by Aran33, December 30, 2013, 09:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aran33

Quote from: turbo38gn on February 02, 2014, 08:51:44 AM
  Wow, my SB day is half wrecked... I smoked a big pork shoulder last night, 3rd time ever using my new smoker.. first 2 times were the best pork ribs ever!!! I tasted a little piece I threw on top of the pork after 7hrs of cooking, it was so bitter I still have an after taste after 4hrs.. Looking at the smoker, I noticed the paint all peeled up around the door seal, lots of moisture inside. After finding this thread... no doubt I have the black rain  on it. Looking at the vent, the paint is all lifted...  All in all, I imagine the pork goes in the trash and the smoker is ruined.. hope a call to Bradley takes care of my dilemma. Any help is appreciated.

Did you have the top vent wide open?

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

turbo38gn

sorry for the slow response, it was slightly open, but looks like not enough. I called Bradley, they are amazing to deal with. A big thumbs up for them. I can see I need to take a few more precautions. I hope this situation is not going to happen again.