Cold smoke temp.

Started by PGT, December 20, 2013, 07:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PGT

I just bought a cold smoke adapter to my digital smoker.
Would like to see the temp in the smoker without to buy another thermometer. There is already one in the digital box.

Why did Bradley not send a cable for this purpose together with the adaptor?
Easy to buy but the price for it could contain also this cable.

TedEbear

Many of use a Maverick ET-732, or the new model ET-733.  It is more accurate than the one that comes with the Bradley and has a range of up to 300'

KyNola

Welcome to the Forum.

The thermometer in the digital box is inaccurate because the temp sensor in the tower is on the back wall directly above the heating element.  You should probably be using some sort of temp monitoring device that is accurate whether you are hot or cold smoking.

pensrock

Or if you insist on using the digital then its easy to just make the existing cable longer.

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: pensrock on December 21, 2013, 04:44:06 AM
Or if you insist on using the digital then its easy to just make the existing cable longer.

This is what I did with mine. I also have an Auber PID that has it's own temp. probe. If I remember correctly,(it's been a long time) the SG won't work without a connection to the thermo, and an adapter(shunt?) came with my cold smoke adapter. It mimics being actually connected to the temp. probe.

Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.