***ROLL CALL*** Original Digital Homemade Other

Started by owrstrich, June 16, 2006, 05:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsquared

We're going to have to start calling you Captain Kirk of the starship barbeque!
T2

MWS

Hey T2 Tom, I was just in your town for 3 days. Stayed at the Chateau Victoria. Had a great time taking the harbour ferries to the brewpubs (Spinnakers, Swans, Canoe Club). The family thought I was just excited about taking the ferries but I had a plan  ;D ...went to the Bug Zoo, Minature World, various gardens and the lighthouse. Great time.

Canoe Club Brewpub - Inner Harbour - 2nd Pint....all is good
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Chez Bubba

Quote from: mws on July 25, 2006, 07:37:33 PM
The family thought I was just excited about taking the ferries

Mmmm, no, nevermind.  ;D ;D

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Chez Bubba on July 26, 2006, 05:58:18 PM
Quote from: mws on July 25, 2006, 07:37:33 PM
The family thought I was just excited about taking the ferries

Mmmm, no, nevermind.  ;D ;D

Kirk
Wise decision ;D ;D ;D

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

tsquared

Hey MWS--You should have sent me an email, I could have accompanied you on your tour of Victoria's brewpubs--just to make sure their suds were up to snuff, of course. Glad you enjoyed yourself.
T2

MWS

Sounds like a plan Tom. The ales were good, but not as hoppy as I usually prefer....but, the atmosphere more than made up for that minor shortcoming. Cheers.
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Chez Bubba

Micki, I'd know those lips anywhere. J/K John, you lucky *******.

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

PetersCreek

1. Who are you?  Brett
2. Where are you?  Peters Creek, Alaska
3. What is your livelihood?  Minor functionary in the employ of the federal government
4. What is your favorite hobby?  Photography, shooting, flyfishing & flytying...
5. What smokers do your use?  Before I bought my OBS, a Jenn Air gas grill
6. What smoker gadgets do you use?  None...yet
7. What do you smoke most often?  Pork ribs and Boston butt
8. What do you want to smoke but havent?  Turkey legs
9. What nonsmoked food do you like most?  My home-made pizza
10. What nonsmoked food do you want to try but havent?  Hmmm...have to think about that one
Brett
Peters Creek, Alaska
PetersCreekPhoto.com

Habanero Smoker

PetersCreek;
Welcome to the forum. You take some fascinating photographs.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

asa

Brett -
Welcome to the forum. I immediately fell in love with "Testing the Waters."  What a catch. Will be back to view more. Please share your pizza recipes and insights with the rest of us. (Which Epson printer do you use? I assume that's what you have from the paper you use).

Regards, and good smokin',

Art
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

Oyènkwara

1. Who are you?  Tom
2. Where are you?  up-state New York
3. What is your livelihood?  Mechanical Engineer, (medical devices)
4. What is your favorite hobby?  flyfishing, flytying, woodworking, gardening, cooking...
5. What smokers do your use?   Bradley Original black...
6. What smoker gadgets do you use?  maverick dual probe thermo, Love Controls TS, "bubba pucks",
7. What do you smoke most often?  Boston butt, chicken, Canadian style bacon
8. What do you want to smoke but havent?  pork side style bacon
9. What nonsmoked food do you like most?  anything made with pasta, seafood, (both together and I'm in heaven)
10. What nonsmoked food do you want to try but havent?  I'm game to try almost anything...however, I cannot think of anything rignt now....

PetersCreek

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on August 18, 2006, 05:54:37 PM
PetersCreek;
Welcome to the forum. You take some fascinating photographs.
Thanks for the welcome and compliment!

Quote from: asa on August 18, 2006, 07:20:05 PM
Welcome to the forum. I immediately fell in love with "Testing the Waters."  What a catch. Will be back to view more. Please share your pizza recipes and insights with the rest of us. (Which Epson printer do you use? I assume that's what you have from the paper you use).
Thanks to you, too and of course I'd be happy to share my pizza tips and recipes.  You lost me with the mention of Epson paper, though.  I run a Canon MFP but my prints come from a custom house associated with my website host.  I sure wouldn't mind havin' the Epson R2400, though.  However, I'm afraid that's some way down my gear acquisition list.
Brett
Peters Creek, Alaska
PetersCreekPhoto.com

iceman

Quote from: PetersCreek on August 18, 2006, 04:13:12 PM
1. Who are you?  Brett
2. Where are you?  Peters Creek, Alaska
3. What is your livelihood?  Minor functionary in the employ of the federal government
4. What is your favorite hobby?  Photography, shooting, flyfishing & flytying...
5. What smokers do your use?  Before I bought my OBS, a Jenn Air gas grill
6. What smoker gadgets do you use?  None...yet
7. What do you smoke most often?  Pork ribs and Boston butt
8. What do you want to smoke but havent?  Turkey legs
9. What nonsmoked food do you like most?  My home-made pizza
10. What nonsmoked food do you want to try but havent?  Hmmm...have to think about that one
Welcome Brett or neighbor as it is. I pass through your neck of the woods 2 or 3 times a week on my way up to Knik Goose Bay mile 11. Ann (the boss lady) used to live in Peters Creek. We'll have to get together some time before the white stuff flies. (I saw some on the hills behind your area this morning). Yukko!!!

asa

Quote from: PetersCreek on August 21, 2006, 01:20:22 PM
Thanks to you, too and of course I'd be happy to share my pizza tips and recipes.  You lost me with the mention of Epson paper, though.  I run a Canon MFP but my prints come from a custom house associated with my website host.  I sure wouldn't mind havin' the Epson R2400, though.  However, I'm afraid that's some way down my gear acquisition list.
Yep, the 2400 is on my wish list too. I assumed that your "lustre prints" were with the Epson Lustre paper (which they may be from your custom lab, which may run a 4800, 7800, and/or 9800 for their commercial work).
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

PetersCreek

Howdy Iceman—I hope y'all managed to stay somewhat dry up there.  Gettin' together would be great.

Quote from: asa on August 21, 2006, 06:19:55 PM
Yep, the 2400 is on my wish list too. I assumed that your "lustre prints" were with the Epson Lustre paper (which they may be from your custom lab, which may run a 4800, 7800, and/or 9800 for their commercial work).

These particular lustre prints are made using Fuji Crystal Archive paper on one of three types of printers, depending on print size: Fuji Frontier, Polielettronica LaserLab, or Durst Lambda printers.  They do great work that's guaranteed and delivered quickly...but I'd still love that 2400 for one-offs, gotta-have-it-nows, or limited runs.
Brett
Peters Creek, Alaska
PetersCreekPhoto.com