Bookmarks 1 Bookmarks

Author Topic: Essential Accessories?  (Read 6933 times)

Offline Saber 4

• Member Extraordinaire
Re: Essential Accessories?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 12:16:32 PM »
I personally like making jerky so a good jerky gun.  Not one of those cheap plastic ones but a good metal one.  Also works great when you get into sausage making for brealkfest links.

Ever since I started making ragweed's ground jerky rounds I haven't pulled out my jerky gun and doubt I will for a long time. :)

Offline pokermeister

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 01:45:09 PM »
I would also add a larger water pan, like 9x9x2, and a foil wrapped brick to the stage 1 list.
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

Offline TNRockyraccoon

• Rocky Top Anglers
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 05:38:28 PM »
a foil wrapped brick

What is the foil wrapped brick for? Does it go in the smoker?

Offline GusRobin

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 05:56:29 PM »
If you don't have the 2nd element or the 900 watt element, a way to keep heat is to put a brick (most, bit not all, foil wrap it) on the floor next to the bowl. It acts like a heat sink and keeps up the temp when you open the door. It is not as good as a bigger or dual element but it helps. Some even heat the brick in an oven prior to putting it into the cabinet.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Offline coolsmoker

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 12:31:10 PM »
I see the price for the Bisquette Savers have come down quite a bit. 

Now they are only $16.45 a set on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRADLEY-SMOKER-WOOD-SAVER-PUCKS-3-pack-/261176829828?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccf5a2784

They were damn near $30/set when I bought mine, years ago.  They are still one accessory, I use on every smoke though, and well worth the cost.

Offline pondee

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 05:44:46 AM »
When getting started I found that the only thing extra that was needed was a good remote thermometer and a table on which to place the unit.  A kitchen pot holder worked well for taking racks out of the smoker, you should get used to the machine as delivered before going crazy with mods.  After a few cooks, and reading here, you'll know what else YOU will need.  the thermomenter is an absolute must.

Offline manfromplaid

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 09:15:10 AM »
clean up is involved with smoking also  so a good tub and a stiff brush come in very handy

Offline TNRockyraccoon

• Rocky Top Anglers
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 08:14:50 PM »
After hearing of a few grease fires in Bradleys, a good fire extinguisher would be a great accessory. Just for peace of mind when things don't go as planned.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 05:09:23 PM by TNRockyraccoon »

Offline Jkwellborn

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2014, 08:46:01 PM »
I had a buddy that had a Cajun injector catch on fire so that may not be a bad idea.