Essential Accessories?

Started by TNRockyraccoon, January 01, 2014, 12:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

Quote from: BAM1 on January 14, 2014, 11:36:42 AM
I personally like making jerky so a good jerky gun.  Not one of those cheap plastic ones but a good metal one.  Also works great when you get into sausage making for brealkfest links.

Ever since I started making ragweed's ground jerky rounds I haven't pulled out my jerky gun and doubt I will for a long time. :)

pokermeister

I would also add a larger water pan, like 9x9x2, and a foil wrapped brick to the stage 1 list.
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

TNRockyraccoon

Quote from: pokermeister on January 14, 2014, 01:45:09 PM
a foil wrapped brick

What is the foil wrapped brick for? Does it go in the smoker?

GusRobin

If you don't have the 2nd element or the 900 watt element, a way to keep heat is to put a brick (most, bit not all, foil wrap it) on the floor next to the bowl. It acts like a heat sink and keeps up the temp when you open the door. It is not as good as a bigger or dual element but it helps. Some even heat the brick in an oven prior to putting it into the cabinet.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

coolsmoker

I see the price for the Bisquette Savers have come down quite a bit. 

Now they are only $16.45 a set on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRADLEY-SMOKER-WOOD-SAVER-PUCKS-3-pack-/261176829828?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccf5a2784

They were damn near $30/set when I bought mine, years ago.  They are still one accessory, I use on every smoke though, and well worth the cost.

pondee

When getting started I found that the only thing extra that was needed was a good remote thermometer and a table on which to place the unit.  A kitchen pot holder worked well for taking racks out of the smoker, you should get used to the machine as delivered before going crazy with mods.  After a few cooks, and reading here, you'll know what else YOU will need.  the thermomenter is an absolute must.

manfromplaid

clean up is involved with smoking also  so a good tub and a stiff brush come in very handy

TNRockyraccoon

After hearing of a few grease fires in Bradleys, a good fire extinguisher would be a great accessory. Just for peace of mind when things don't go as planned.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Jkwellborn

I had a buddy that had a Cajun injector catch on fire so that may not be a bad idea.