New years day silver salmon.

Started by iceman, January 03, 2014, 01:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

Friend of ours had in laws up for a visit so he asked if it was possible to send them home with a treat from Alaska.
Of course we couldn't say no  ;D
Silvers, 3 hours of hickory/apple then eight hours later the treats were ready.  :)
They called us again today to say thanks. Family and friends down south still couldn't believe we did this for them.  ;)

JZ

That's a super nice looking batch of smoked fish and what an awesome thing to do for friends. 8)

Saber 4

ragweed

That's fantastic looking fish!  Nice gesture on your part.

Tenpoint5

That's just being neighborly! Great looking Salmon Iceman
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NorthShoreMN

Very nice.
Iceman, do you ever can smoked salmon sticks?
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

Wildcat

Looks great Pat and a great friend you are. Just curious - do you normally prepare salmon bare footed? :P ;D

I have never been fond of salmon myself but after tasting some that were grilled recently, I may have to change my mind. I obviously have never had any prepared properly.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

iceman

Quote from: NorthShoreMN on January 04, 2014, 06:13:56 AM
Very nice.
Iceman, do you ever can smoked salmon sticks?

We use retort pouches instead of jars or cans. They take up less room and pack nicely for camping etc.

tailfeathers

You make the term "southern hospitality" look stupid treating guests like that! Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!