Krewe du Smoke 2014

Started by KyNola, January 09, 2014, 06:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Our friend Ka Honu goes to Jazz Fest in New Orleans every year.  Jan and I go to New Orleans every year for Easter.  Every once in a while the calendars match up and Jazz Fest is the weekend after Easter.  In 2011, the calendar aligned and Krewe du Smoke was born.  A bunch of us all got together in NOLA that week.  Well guess what, the calendar aligned again this year.

It is time for another gathering of Krewe du Smoke.  If you would like to join us, Ka Honu, Mr. and Mrs. NePaSmoker and Mr. and Mrs. KyNola start making plans now to come to New Orleans.  If all goes as planned Jan and I will arrive in NOLA on Good Friday, 4/18/14.  Jan and I stay in the Royal Sonesta in the French Quarter.  That is pretty much our home away from home when we are there.  There are tons of other places to stay and I will be happy to help anyone with accommodations.

That being said, Jan's parents are having some health issues that may cause us to have to cancel at the last minute but Paul and Rick and Chrystal will be there as the Kings and Queen of the Krewe.

Here is the thread from Krewe du Smoke 2011.  If it doesn't make you want to come to Krewe du Smoke 2014 I don't know what will.
    http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=22090.15
Let us hear from you on this thread.

NePaSmoKer

We are putting it down on our calendar....WOOO HOOO.

Tenpoint5

Will be submitting a request to the corporate office in the morning! See if the stars will align and I can talk her into it
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Saber 4

I wish we could make it this year but it is only a couple of days before we leave for a mule training clinic that we host for a week in April every year and the wife's boss would freak out. The clinician is talking about retiring after this year so it we may be able to make it to a future event.

Ka Honu

Tenpoint5

I broached the subject to the Corporate Office. We took on HEAVY FIRE!! Half of one wing is completely gone. The tail rudder is all shot to pieces. Returned some fire. Flying an A-10 Thunderbolt! We're still air-born!!! Gonna let it rest on the desk for a few days then bring it back up.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

BAM1

I'm thinking we're in. Will call our Timeshare Monday morning.
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 10, 2014, 08:55:37 PM
I broached the subject to the Corporate Office. We took on HEAVY FIRE!! Half of one wing is completely gone. The tail rudder is all shot to pieces. Returned some fire. Flying an A-10 Thunderbolt! We're still air-born!!! Gonna let it rest on the desk for a few days then bring it back up.

You may have to go to a flanking maneuver 10.5. Risky I know, but corporate may not be expecting it. Just keep the cannon in that A-10 loaded. ::)
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Tenpoint5

The wing has been repaired. Corporate office asked when WE would be leaving and where would we be staying and had I made arrangements for the kids and pets? Things be looking up around here!

Ka Honu

Lookin' good, 10.5!  Didn't even have to play your man card.

I'll try to get us there by Tuesday (the 22nd). I'd like to come in for Easter weekend but don't know that my liver (or my credit card) could survive NOLA for that long.

If any of you have extra time to stay for JazzFest, the music lineup is supposed to be posted tomorrow (Tuesday) on their website.

BAM1

Is anyone planning to be there good Friday through the weekend?  That's when we made arrangements for.
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

Ka Honu

KyNola usually goes on Good Friday. People will probably wander in and out as their schedules permit between then and the following Friday.

NePaSmoKer

We heading out the 16th early in the am. Going to head out the 20th. Driving the car.

KyNola

Quote from: BAM1 on January 13, 2014, 08:41:10 PM
Is anyone planning to be there good Friday through the weekend?  That's when we made arrangements for.
If all goes as planned, we will be there on Good Friday.

Ka Honu

We'll be there on Tuesday the 22nd. Hope some of you can stay over for a few days after Easter.