bisquettes burner not coming on???

Started by smokindw, January 17, 2014, 07:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokindw

Ok now im startin 2 get frustrated real quick! I need help. I got this new bradley digital 4 rack a couple days ago and when i went to use it yesterday for the 1st time the smoke generator was DOA, No power at al to the generatorl. Went through the steps or taking it open and re seating all the wires but still nothing. Called bradley and they sent me a new 1 overnight and got the new 1 ealier today. So i seasoned the new unit and even did the revved up pistachios. They wete great! So we did wings for supper and that went well also. Shut the unit off cleaned up everything and got all the cheese ready to cold smoke since its 30 out right now. So turned the smoker on and let it sit 30 mins and went back out and the heating plate wont get hot at all so obviously the bisquettes wont smoke? Even unplugged the unit and tried it again nothing!?? I couldnt of got 2 bad generators in a row???
I also already went through the faq site with no help and also re sested all wires.

GusRobin

I have an OBS so I am not familiar with the digital, but does it have a fuse? Has the fuse blown?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Saber 4

Quote from: GusRobin on January 17, 2014, 07:53:24 PM
I have an OBS so I am not familiar with the digital, but does it have a fuse? Has the fuse blown?

The digital does have a fuse on the back of the SG that can be checked.

Unfortunately in manufacturing today it is not uncommon to have bad batches of something make it into the supply chain. I have had to return several different Cabela's electrical food processing items over the past year that didn't work out of the box and neither did the replacement unit. Tomorrow I am making the 75 mile one way trip back to return the digital 200 lb scale my wife got me for Christmas, not sure if I will get their newest digital scale or go with a dial scale so I understand your frustration, however I have dealt with Bradley and seen the results of others posted here so I feel confident that they will help you get up and running.

smokindw

Quote from: GusRobin on January 17, 2014, 07:53:24 PM
ya they have a fuse I checked it and it is not blown.
and saber4 ya I know its not uncommon to have this happen but it just burns my ass because I dont have many days off so I have all this cheese-4 racks worth in the fridge I was looking 4ward to doing! I even paid 67 to get the new replacement overnighted to me and it only works for 4 n half hours! Hope there is a way to fix this?

TedEbear

Did you verify that the power cords are seated real tight?  With a new unit everything is snug and sometimes one of the power cords might not be fully plugged it even though it appears to be.

smokindw

Quote from: TedEbear on January 17, 2014, 09:28:46 PM
Did you verify that the power cords are seated real tight?  With a new unit everything is snug and sometimes one of the power cords might not be fully plugged it even though it appears to be.

ya thats the 1st thing that I did. I dont think it has 2 do with the power hookups  because the unit still powers on and runs like normal other than the bisquette burner wont turn on!

Saber 4

I would be hot if it happened to me to, have you checked under the hood for loose connections on the second one, I remember you saying you did on the first one? Hope you can get things straightened out while you have days off, if it's a bad second unit see if they will cover the overnight for the bad one and the next one. Please let us know what they tell you, I hope they don't have a bad batch coming out of the factory.

smokindw

Ok so here is what I did to fix the issue 8) now I still had the original generator that came with the unit that wouldnt power on at all, so I took the bisquette burner plate out of that one and put it in the new one that they sent me that powered on but the burner plate quit after bout 5 hours! Now everything works on the new one again ;D  now I know its not really common to have 2 units in your house but if any1 ever runs into this problem then this is where I would start.. im still gona call bradley and let them know on monday but as long as I dont have anymore problems with this unit im still avhappy customer! Now the fun starts again cuz its only 15 degrees here and I got 4 trays of cheese all ready 2 go, yay

ragweed

Good thinking!!  Hope you've solved your last problem.

renoman

never hurts to have a second Bradley for parts!