Kebabcheta/Kebapcheta Sausages

Started by Tenpoint5, January 12, 2014, 08:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Feeling rather generous this morning. Not to mention I have the recipe out and mixed up a batch for tomorrows dinner.

Kebabcheta/Kebapcheta

This recipe is great for a summer barbeque. The cumin emits an unmistakable and delicious aroma on the grill that is sure to summon your friends for a taste. Remember to prepare at least a day ahead, so the cumin can flavor the meat.

3lbs ground beef OR ground lamb
2 medium onions, finely grated
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
3 garlic cloves, crushed or 3/4 tsp of granulated garlic
1TBSP cumin, powdered
1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley or 1/3 cup dried parsley flakes
3/4 cup water

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate for 24 hours. When ready to grill, roll small amounts of the meat into sausage shapes, 2-inches long and 1- inch wide. Grill until the juices run clear. Makes about 40

* Cumin is perhaps the most ancient of Balkan spices. A member of the carrot family, it is cultivated for its seeds, which are generally ground to produce cumin powder. Cumin is an ingredient in chili powder and Indian masala, but it comes into its own in Mediterranian and Balkan cooking.

Heading for the fridge for 24 hours

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

BAM1

you delivering?  I'll be at work until 3 than heading home.
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

iceman

I'll be monitoring this one Chris!  :P

Saber 4

You are sure coming up with some good stuff out that new book.

Tenpoint5

I fried up a test patty shortly after mixing everything together.  It had that gourmet burger taste. The cumin hadn't had a chance to permeate the meat yet. Will see what tomorrow brings

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

RedJada

Looking good for sure. I'm going to try this one.....

seemore

Will be making this one for sure thanks Chris
Scott

cobra6223

Hi Scott and yes Chris that looks double dang good!!

Tenpoint5

Well I finally got around to posting a picture of the Kebabcheta. Now your going to ask what it tastes like. It was a cross between a gourmet burger and a kicked up meatloaf. I will make these again.

ragweed

Looks yummy, Chris.  Thanks for posting the recipe!

Saber 4

NePaSmoKer

Smoker John

Nice plate of goodness right there
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

ratherbboating

I put this one on my saved list to try later.  Simple but interesting. 
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child