New Jerky Find

Started by Saber 4, January 14, 2014, 01:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

I was looking for some roasts on the reduced rack at Wally world the other day to make some jerky from the Hickory kit that Nepa sent in the Christmas exchange, when I came across 3 packages of "thin sliced top round for Milanesa". It was thin sliced in long strips with the grain so I figured I'd give it a try, after all what's wrong with already sliced jerky meat that's at the reduced price.

Mixed up for it's overnight sleep in the fridge,

It turned out great and all but 3 pieces were done in 4 hours 14 minutes. I'd definitely do it again if I find it on sale.

tailfeathers

I NEVER go to wallyworld without checking for reduced milanesa sliced beef. My brother from NE turned me on to it. He'll go so far as to check all the dates and if any are close he's off to find the manager!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

tailfeathers

It's too rich for my blood unless it's reduced though.

Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

ragweed

Never heard of it, but I'm gonna look tomorrow!  Thanks for posting and nice looking jerky.

Saber 4

Quote from: tailfeathers on January 14, 2014, 02:05:45 PM
I NEVER go to wallyworld without checking for reduced milanesa sliced beef. My brother from NE turned me on to it. He'll go so far as to check all the dates and if any are close he's off to find the manager!

I've done that at Sam's before, I like to get there during the business members early hours when they put out all the reduced for the day.

wkahler

That is what i use here when i do jerky from the local Kroger store!  It works out great and saves a lot of prep time for the jerky process!!
The smoking lamp is lit!!!