First time went great, thanks in large part to you dudes!

Started by BBNRules, January 13, 2014, 04:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

Quote from: BBNRules on January 14, 2014, 11:04:51 AM
Ragweed, I'll take a sledge hammer to the OBS before it interferes with my golf!!!!

Ditto. Although I am not yet a single digit player, this is the main reason I do not smoke as much as I used to. I did not start playing golf until about 6 months prior to retiring.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

ragweed

Wildcat

lol  I play golf as a retirement occupation. It keeps me active and alive. I eat for nourishment so that I can continue to play golf. I smoke to make partaking of nourishment more pleasurable. Somewhere in there I partake of adult beverages. Adult beverages helps me by reducing the frustrations of golf, it enhances my patience while smoking, and I am convinced it aids in the digestion of my nourishment. Isn't life great when everything works together?

STLstyle

That sums up an ideal weekend flawlessly!  Add in a firearm / woods and or fishing pole / water and you're getting even closer heaven!

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

Saber 4

I always thought golf courses were a waste of good mule riding and hog hunting land. ;)

tailfeathers

I look at golf like this: if all those guys on the golf course were trying to get a boat in the water instead of golfing I'd never get any fishing done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Wildcat

Quote from: Saber 4 on January 14, 2014, 06:51:40 PM
I always thought golf courses were a waste of good mule riding and hog hunting land. ;)

Naw - Most of the time they build golf courses on land that has all but been depleted of game. ;D

In my younger years I ran track, played basketball, baseball, tennis, table tennis, football, wrestled, and boxed for a short period. Back then I looked at golf as a sissy game. When I finally tried it I found it extremely challenging. I now think of all the sports it is the hardest sport to be good at. Physically almost everyone can play it, but excelling in it is another story.

BBNRules

Physically almost everyone can play it, but excelling in it is another story.

I see BBQing and smoking meat in the same light as I do golf.  I did the same thing as I did last time, but the results were vastly different. Ive used bullet smokers (gas and electric) in years past.  One time I did a smoked turkey Southern Living would be proud to have on its cover and it was unreal.  Tried the same thing again and it tasted chemically and I threw it out.  Golf used to be that way for me, but I fould the secret (the secret is different for everybody so don't ask LOL).  The OBS is making smoking meat fun again because I can more depend on the results.  Forums like this also add to the experience and make it much easier to do things the right way.  I disagree on the "physically almost everybody can do it".  I agree people can pick up a club and hit the ball somewhere.  However, being able to swing a golf club almost 100 mph while hitting a golf ball hundreds of yards to a desired target 4 inches in diameter takes physical strength and flexibility that I have to work hard at keeping at my age (51). When golf, hunting, fishing, and smoking meat are your vices, then you're not a bad guy in my book.  :)   

tailfeathers

Well I'm 3/4 of the way there! Just never did cotton on to the golf thing. (Probably for the best anyway, can't afford anymore hobbies)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!