lower than normal

Started by anthony, January 13, 2014, 07:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutcho

Voltage and ohms are both good. I had the same problem with mine.  Did you just install the auber? What settings have you changed? Mine was doing the exact same like I said and I had CoOl set wrong and I adjusted my hy hy-1 and hy-2 settings. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

anthony

The auber has been installed for 2-3 years now. 
Can you post the settings that you are using and I can compare with mine?  I haven't touched it, but maybe I messed it by mistake. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tiny Tim

Is the slider firmly against the right side of the slot?  Some units seem to have a dead spot there, and a slight nudge to the left may help.  If it has been set in the same spot for a long time of use, the contact could be losing it's conductivity too.

TedEbear

Quote from: anthony on January 17, 2014, 12:11:45 PM
I do have a auber pid controller installed int he smoke gen box already.

Quote from: Tiny Tim on January 17, 2014, 12:45:26 PM
Is the slider firmly against the right side of the slot?  Some units seem to have a dead spot there, and a slight nudge to the left may help.  If it has been set in the same spot for a long time of use, the contact could be losing it's conductivity too.

He has the slider bypassed with an Auber PID controller.

Tiny Tim

Quote from: TedEbear on January 17, 2014, 02:18:35 PM

Then this:

Quote from: anthony on January 17, 2014, 12:27:45 PM
could it have something to do this the stock front slider? Maybe that is interrupting the voltage to the element? I am at a loss now. 

should have had no bearing.

anthony

Quote from: TedEbear on January 17, 2014, 02:18:35 PM

No, I left the slider in place when I did the install.
But now I decided to remove the slider from the circuit.  I made a small wire jumper to connect the two slider wires together.  I might have fixed the problem, smoker is running at 245 empty.  I will have to make something to verify temps with load.

Thanks guys for the ideas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD