Confused

Started by Smokesmore, January 15, 2014, 11:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokesmore

I was kind of trying to find a recipe for smoked pork butt in my BDS but I'm having difficulty. I see there is a recipe by Tenpoint5 for ribs but where is the rest of the pork recipes? Maybe I'm searching wrong but it seems like when you try to search for a recipe you get a lot of "my first pork butt" posts. As much as I like that people are trying pork butt I'd rather it come from someone who is seasoned (pun intended). Is there a basic recipe we can pin for pork butt and then people can add there tweaks like Tenpoint5's rib recipe. Or maybe just a link to a good recipe from an experienced Bradley user? Thoughts?

* Actually this could apply to each recipe section. I've heard about Jan's Rub a lot on the forums. Why wouldn't the recipe be pinned in the rub section?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

NorthShoreMN

This will take you to the forum recipe site. Click on time tested and proven to see the listings
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

Smokesmore

So is the susanminor.org kind of a off shoot of this website?

ragweed

Yes.  Recipes are by forum members.

Smokesmore

Cool beans...

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Smokesmore on January 15, 2014, 12:13:09 PM
So is the susanminor.org kind of a off shoot of this website?

The site was the idea of Oldman (Raye) a member of this forum, and he funds it directly out of his pocket. It gives members an opportunity and place to have their recipes posted, and easily search and retrieve them. It also contains a lot of useful information to help make you Bradley experience more fun. There is also a download version. The current download version contains most of the recipes that are now on the site. As soon as I can add maybe 5 - 10 more recipes to the site, and work out the glitches of Win 8, I will be posting a new update. To tell which recipes are not in the current data base, I have marked them with a green semicircle arrow.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

hutcho

Hey hab is there a way to get with raye directly? I tried to email him on the recipe site and havent heard anything.  I was trying to sign up over there finally and it wont let me because I only have free emails. :'(

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Habanero Smoker

I will send Raye and the webmaster an email.

You email may have been missed. Are you sure it went through. At one time we were having problems when someone wanted to send an email. That problem seems to be fixed, so if you can send them another email I would appreciate it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

hutcho

Thank you I appreciate it.  I'm not sure it went through honestly,  just hit send and went on about my day.  I will send them another.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2