Cheese run

Started by STLstyle, January 15, 2014, 03:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STLstyle

Will be making deer sausage this weekend so it's time to get the cheese in the fridge ad well. Need it ready for opening day of trout season.  Did mild and sharp cheddar, provolone, and Gouda.

Different sizes bc I still don't know what I like better.  2 hours 20 min of apple starting now...

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

seemore

STLstyle trout down there ? wow I'm from Iowa and have to go up north your cheese should be good........
Seemore

STLstyle

State park "hatchery" trout that is.  Good excuse to get out March 1 and camp with some friends an enjoy good food and good company along with a little fishing too.

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod

STLstyle

Just got my tail chewed on by the wife for smelling the house up like an ash tray / blooming on the kitchen counter... :)

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod

Saber 4

She'll forgive you when she's enjoying some smoked cheese and fresh trout. ;D

STLstyle

Smoked

Bagged and tagged...

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod

Snoopy

ragweed

Looks great, nice color!  I just love smoking cheese.  It's so easy this time of year with the cold temps.  Problem is I'm running out of room!  Gonna have to find a "cheese frig". 

pjplovedog

That cheese is looking great!
I did my very first batch on Jan 4th.  I'm hoping it is ready for Superbowl Sunday, Feb 2nd, although that might be cutting it close.  I did colby and sharp cheddar. Is there a difference in how  much time between the two cheese varieties with regard to aging that it might take to be edible? 

Saber 4

Really nice color you got on the cheese.

Quote from: pjplovedog on January 16, 2014, 09:15:39 AM
That cheese is looking great!
I did my very first batch on Jan 4th.  I'm hoping it is ready for Superbowl Sunday, Feb 2nd, although that might be cutting it close.  I did colby and sharp cheddar. Is there a difference in how  much time between the two cheese varieties with regard to aging that it might take to be edible? 

I don't see that you'll have much difference in aging time between those two since they are so similar, but I don't have near the experience with cheese as others do.