Weird temp issue

Started by lucdio, January 15, 2014, 07:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucdio

I have the original model since 3 years. Recently, when the temp reach 225-250F, the heating function seems to shut down (the light indicator turn off) until the temp cool down to +- 150F and then restart to heat. Does anybody knows what's wrong?? Is someone ever encounter the same problem?

TedEbear

That's quite a wide temp swing.  25-30 degrees seems to be the acceptable up/down margin.  The only thing I might suggest is if you want a tighter temp control to add a PID controller and the chamber temp will stay within 1-2 degrees of your setpoint. PID controllers start at around $45 for the one you have to install and wire up yourself or close to $200 for the plug-n-play version.

lucdio

Thanks TedEbear. PID controller is for sure a good upgrade but my problem is recent. Before this issue, I never had troubles to reach my BS up to 325-350 and keep this temp stable. That sounds more like an electrical problem...

GusRobin

You may have a bad overtemp sensor. I would call Bradley and askto talk to the tech support guys.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

TedEbear

A weak overtemp sensor makes sense if it is kicking off at 250 degrees, cooling down to 150ish and then resetting and restoring the power to the element.  One way to check this would be to remove the back cover and put a temporary jumper around the sensor.

KyNola

Quote from: lucdio on January 15, 2014, 07:31:44 PM
Thanks TedEbear. PID controller is for sure a good upgrade but my problem is recent. Before this issue, I never had troubles to reach my BS up to 325-350 and keep this temp stable. That sounds more like an electrical problem...
Your Bradley reached 325-350?  That's interesting.

TedEbear

Wow, I overlooked that.  I guess I was thinking he meant 250*F.  However, the Bradley was never designed to reach 350*F.   :o