hard road but im there!

Started by smokindw, January 18, 2014, 10:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokindw

Well after all the mishaps with my new bradley 4 rack digital im finally in the process of smoking some cheese ;D
ive done alot of research in between having to fix my smoke generator twice >:( >:( but all is well at the time being. Ive chosen to do my first batch with the special blend since ive read it has a nice aroma. I dont know what its gona taste like in 5 weeks but no matter whst WE LOVE CHEESE, so its a high of 15 today so I had no trouble keeping the smoker in the 80 to 90 range :) now 1 question do most ppl keep the vent open all the way or closed? I know its all bout taste but I would like a general consensus.  I did mozzarella, provolone, american, munster, peperoni cheese, and roasted garlic! Going read how to post pics right now and will update.

ragweed

The vent on my Bradley is always wide open.

RedJada

X2 on the vent.

Glad to see you got the SG working, must have been frustrating. As for posting photos, I use photo bucket. Just upload them there and copy the "IMG" link for the photo and paste it here.

Jim O

Don't know if I could still close mine !

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

smokindw

Ok well I added a lil poll just 4 poop n giggles ( it kept taking out the s shi# world lol) so if you wana vote go 4 it ;D also am still working on the pics

GusRobin

I got my bradley in Dec 2009, for my first smoke I moved the vent to wide open and it has remained there since.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Wildcat

You do not have enough choices on the voting. If you are of the type to use only 1 setting, I would suggest open all the way. Mine is usually three quarters open. Things like chicken with skin needs to be all the way open just to let all the moisture out. I generally adjust mine so that the smoke does not back-up into the smoke generator. The vent does play somewhat of a roll in cabinet temp.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

smokindw

Im starting to think that I have to have a post count higher than I have 2 be able to post pics like on an avalanche forum im on.

smokindw

Quote from: Wildcat on January 18, 2014, 11:32:35 AM
You do not have enough choices on the voting. If you are of the type to use only 1 setting, I would suggest open all the way. Mine is usually three quarters open. Things like chicken with skin needs to be all the way open just to let all the moisture out. I generally adjust mine so that the smoke does not back-up into the smoke generator. The vent does play somewhat of a roll in cabinet temp.
added 3/4 way open

RedJada

You should add " what vent"  :o :o :o LOL

tailfeathers

I'm a member of the full open vent club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

smokindw

smokindw

After. Not as much color as I have seen on here but its my 1st ever smoke so it will get better

hutcho

Looking good.  Now the hard part.  Waiting!

As far as vents go mine is wide open, actually considered just removing it lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

RedJada

That looks great smokindw. Wrap/seal that goodness up for 4 weeks or so. The longer the better. Don't forget to post back once you get your first taste. Yum yum... ;D