hard road but im there!

Started by smokindw, January 18, 2014, 10:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokindw

Thanks hutcho and redjada I already cant wait to taste them! Heres a question for u all vets. Now I did let them bloom 4 a hour on the countrr and patted them dry snd vacuume saved them and put them in the fridge but why cant you just do everything I said but put yhem in the freezer for a month?

hutcho

I have never froze any cheese yet.  Dont think it would hurt though.   I got a brick of cheese in the fridge still thats been resting a year and a half and it looks exactly the same as it did when it went in.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

RedJada

I guess you could freeze. But vac sealing will give you a good year if not more in the fridge. At least until you open it. Around here, open and gone....

Grouperman941

Quote from: smokindw on January 18, 2014, 02:30:09 PM
Thanks hutcho and redjada I already cant wait to taste them! Heres a question for u all vets. Now I did let them bloom 4 a hour on the countrr and patted them dry snd vacuume saved them and put them in the fridge but why cant you just do everything I said but put yhem in the freezer for a month?

Freezing cheese: http://www.ochef.com/86.htm
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

smokindw

My 2nd batch of cheese! Got some more provolone, munster and some horseradish

TedEbear

Quote from: smokindw on January 18, 2014, 10:55:22 AMnow 1 question do most ppl keep the vent open all the way or closed? I know its all bout taste but I would like a general consensus. 

It depends on what I'm smoking.  For something like cold smoked cheese with very little moisture I open the vent halfway.  For something like poultry, with a lot of moisture, I open it all the way.  The Bradley was designed with an adjustable vent for a reason.

Saber 4

You got some good color there, if you let it bloom (cool) on the counter for a couple of hours you will see the color get darker and richer before you seal it up for it's nappy nap.

UncleAl

Nice color on cheese you will love it. I am part of the what vent club. Mine came off the day I took it out of the box.

iceman

sage03

Wrap crime scene tape around the vent when it's open......