problem with digital 4 rack

Started by speltman, August 18, 2006, 12:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speltman

I bought my digital 4 rack about 2 months ago and I use it about twice a week. A couple of days ago the puck burner quit working. Still advances the puck, but it does not get hot. Bradley sent me a new burner but that did not fix the problem. I checked all the cords and the fuse and everything looks ok. Anyone else have this problem.? 

Dougsts

I had a problem with the puck advance motor on my 4 rack digital that I bought in early July.  They sent me a new one and so far after three smoking events all is well.  I would say that you need to verify the connections.  The only heart the system has that i know of is the controller,, so if its new,,,it should work

Oldman

Quote from: speltman on August 18, 2006, 12:59:46 PM
   I bought my digital 4 rack about 2 months ago and I use it about twice a week. A couple of days ago the puck burner quit working. Still advances the puck, but it does not get hot. Bradley sent me a new burner but that did not fix the problem. I checked all the cords and the fuse and everything looks ok. Anyone else have this problem.? 

I would call them and explain that just a new burner did not fix the problem. At that point given their history I bet you get a new generator.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

speltman

Thanks Olds, I took your advice and called Bradley back about the burner plate not working. 1 week later ( today)  I received a replacement generator. I was a little surprised that they sent me a used or refurbished one. The cords were obviously well used and the unit was put back together so shoddily the puck tube would not fit.  The screws that hold the wires tight inside were rattling, I guess they forgot to screw them in. I hope this is not normal Bradley warranty parts. And I hope I did not inherit some one else's problem.  I plan to try a brisket this weekend.
  Scott

Oldman

Wow... I would pick up the phone again and ask them what is the deal here....

In the past by all reports a replacement Generator was second day air, and brand new. Out of the three units I purchased two of the generators where replaced with new ones.

As I said I would call. Then post back what was said and the end results.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

iceman

Something is not right here. Bradley shipped me a NEW generartor when I told them about the faulty one. Get on the phone and let them know what's going on. >:( ;) They have always been true to the word with me.

weekend smoker

Hi I have had the 6 rack digital smoker for 6 months. I have smoked ribs, brisket, chicken, pork butt and made jerky from ground beef, all of them have turned out very good.
   Last weekend I was smoking jerky and I noticed it wasnt working. I took it apart and found a wire burned off on the fuse holder. couldnt find the exact fuse holder at the hardware store so I wired a blade type fuse holder for cars and so far it works just fine.                       
                        I didnt call Bradley because I am going to use it this labor day weekend and didnt think the parts would be here in time.             

The Weekend Smoker     

iceman

Quote from: weekend smoker on August 30, 2006, 06:54:27 PM
Hi I have had the 6 rack digital smoker for 6 months. I have smoked ribs, brisket, chicken, pork butt and made jerky from ground beef, all of them have turned out very good.
   Last weekend I was smoking jerky and I noticed it wasnt working. I took it apart and found a wire burned off on the fuse holder. couldnt find the exact fuse holder at the hardware store so I wired a blade type fuse holder for cars and so far it works just fine.                       
                        I didnt call Bradley because I am going to use it this labor day weekend and didnt think the parts would be here in time.             

The Weekend Smoker     

Call Bradley anyhow and get a new generator coming. They are going to let you keep the old one regardless. They will not send just parts because of the liability, but instead will send a whole new generator. ;)