Pondering a more or less permanent home for my new Bradley

Started by heinz, June 21, 2006, 04:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heinz

Been trying to figure out just where my new 4-rack is going to live. Wondeing what folks are doing. Haul it in/out of the garage as needed? Build it it's own little 'shed'? Set it on the ground? on a table?

Thought about on the porch but when in use I think we'd get smoked out in the house. At the momemt my top choice is a little enclosed 'cupboard' on the side of the garage, 2 or 3 feet up off the ground.

So just wondering what folks are doing :-)
BTW, I'm a 'hobby' smoker, with brisket and pork-pull the only items in my current repertoire using a small off-set. I'm hoping that with the Bradley I'll do more.

Thanks

Heinz

headgames

check out one of my favorite threads .  norberts install in the garage ........  I did the same  cause when ever I wanted to smoke it would be raining and blowing .  or -30 below

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=2259.msg21368#msg21368
If ya go home hungry ........ You were at the wrong House!!

Oldman

I just edited my posting on that thread so that the tags will now work and the images will enlarge.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

heinz

The "dryer" vent helped me decide on my permanent home. Installed a shelf in the gazebo (enclosed) and will try it tomorrow with all windows open and if that leaves too much smoke I'll consider 'venting' it.

Out of the rain and ready to go.

Heinz

jimguy

I built a table for my BS that I can roll around in my garage. The table is large enough to have a decent work surface along side the BS. Living in Alaska's interrior using it outside is a rare thing. Besides, it is handy to the beer fridge. I have a trap door in the ceiling I can crack to let the smoke rise up and out. It was a pleasure to have smoked ribs when it was 40 below.

iceman

Quote from: jimguy on July 30, 2006, 04:01:30 PM
Living in Alaska's interrior using it outside is a rare thing. It was a pleasure to have smoked ribs when it was 40 below.
What part of Alaska do you live in jimguy.
I'm just outside of Wasilla on Knik Goose Bay Road.

IKnowWood

I have a wire shelving system I installed in my garage, I have one shelf at the perfect height (I built it for the Bradley) to sit the Bradley and use it there.  I have a reasonably cheap Oven Range with a dryer vent hose connecting the output to the window behind the bradley on a blocked window opening with a exhust vent attached to the other end of the dryer hose.

The Range does not catch all the air, also the CFMs is not opptimized with no other door/access open to introduce air.  I open a door slightly to allow air flow with a window a crack to increase air flow.  sure, while smoking, the Garage gets a bit smokey but not to bad.  Its a Garage workshop .  It otherwise has the smell of cut Pine, Oak, Cedar, or some other product. 

Great thing, i can use it, rain, snow, sleet, shine, mild Hurricane.  I used it to smoke a chicken Roaster yesterday as the winds and rain from was left from Tropical Depression Ernesto was nocking at my Garage Door. 

And I am doing another Meatloaf in there Monday. 
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes