Fireguy06

How long have you had the smoker
OBS
Aubers single probe PID
Gas grill
Weber kettle grill
Traeger pellet grill

zueth

Couple of years now, just never really paid that close to the temps in the past.

I like the higher temps for poultry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireguy06

How often do you happen to use the smoker the element could be wearing out turn it on high and see how it is glowing it could be time to replace it or give bradley a call and see what they may think is happening
OBS
Aubers single probe PID
Gas grill
Weber kettle grill
Traeger pellet grill

zueth

Probably on average 1-2 times a month. I had to replace the element once when it stopped working.  I have had it almost three years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokesmore

zueth... it's not a great cold weather smoker. I just purchased a brand new one and it is the same. Using a cabinet might help but be happy you got it to 225.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Fireguy06

When it's cold out I smoke in my garage then I never seem to have a problem getting to temp
OBS
Aubers single probe PID
Gas grill
Weber kettle grill
Traeger pellet grill

Smokesmore

Fireguy06... that's a controlled climate.  You have the right plan. It is a bit of work to make it happen but it is the best possible solution. Temps are 50% of his problems but a slight breeze can be 50% of his problem as well.

I'm confused why the stock element would be so small. 500 watt on a 15 amp circuit is more than sufficient. Even if you have the smoker burner on and it is 625 wats it would still be sufficient. In my area the only thing we run are 20 amp circuits. My element is bright red the entire time. It is a crappy cold weather smoking unit, if someone knows different please let me know.

I'm from Fargo, North Dakota. The only person I could default to would be the central Canadians for answers.

Canadian friends, please help me and this guy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk