Little hole?

Started by River Rat, January 29, 2014, 10:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

River Rat

As I was putting together my NOBS I noticed a small hole on the puck tube. It looks like a pre drilled hole for a screw to go through. Any ideas? Should this be placed in the SG or outside(up) of the SG?
River Rat
"Smoke On"

Jim O

Don't know what it's for, so I just ignore it.

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

beefmann

it really doesent mater

River Rat

Thanks for the info. Just wanted to make sure.
River Rat
"Smoke On"

Habanero Smoker

As mentioned it doesn't matter which end you insert the tube.

FYI that hole is used to hang and move the tube through the assembly line during manufacturing.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

River Rat

Never would have guess that. Thanks
River Rat
"Smoke On"

Saber 4

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on January 29, 2014, 12:54:53 PM
As mentioned it doesn't matter which end you insert the tube.

FYI that hole is used to hang and move the tube through the assembly line during manufacturing.

Specifically for the powder coating process it has to be hanging to get the powder applied evenly and go through the oven.

tskeeter

Quote from: River Rat on January 29, 2014, 10:41:46 AM
As I was putting together my NOBS I noticed a small hole on the puck tube. It looks like a pre drilled hole for a screw to go through. Any ideas? Should this be placed in the SG or outside(up) of the SG?

Others are correct, the hole in the puck tube is to hang the tube during certain manufacturing processes.

Install the tube with the hole down or up?  I installed my puck tube with the hole on the top end.  My logic was that the hole created an opportunity for a puck with a burr or errant wood chip to catch and hang up.  A solid tube doesn't provide that opportunity.  So, I created a solid tube surface by making sure the hole was out of the puck contact zone.

TNRockyraccoon

I had a huge problem with my Maverick not wanting to hang on the stack . So the little hole on my tube is part of the Securing the Maverick Project.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

River Rat

Great call. I have a maverick and will use it for the same thing
River Rat
"Smoke On"