Problem with my bradley original

Started by blt4fun, January 25, 2014, 08:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blt4fun

I've had my smoker for a month and done about 6 smokes in it, 2 were cold. I went out today to do some smoked salmon and the generator indicator light would to come on until the temperature dial is set almost to high, then the element will come one and heat up. Am I doing something wrong?

RedJada

Your SG should run just fine without the cabinet temp turned up/on. Make sure all your cords are seated well. Pull them out and plug them back in. Maybe this will help.

blt4fun

Thanks for the reply. The generator itself seems to work fine but it won't turn the heater element on or the the generator light until the temp dial is turned all the way to high. Once the dial is turned up I can hear the element come on.

RedJada

Well now I'm a little confused ???. I have an OBS (older model) so my controls are different than yours.

With mine, I can run the SG without running the heating element or run the heating element without running the SG. Someone will come along with more help soon.

blt4fun

Mine has the big dial temperature control.

devo

I have never seen one of the new ones in action but it sounds like the rheostat (heat control) as a dead spot till its turned all the way up.

Saber 4

Have you rechecked all your plugs to make sure one isn't partially seated now.

TNRockyraccoon

My smoker came out of the box with a power issue.

The power would turn on, but the lights would flicker off and it would die. I could smack the smoke generator and it would flicker back on but I was never more than a stiff wind away from the unit shutting off. I contacted Bradley and they shipped me a brand new smoke generator and I've had zero problems out of it.

I'd give them a call and see what they have to say.

blt4fun

I will give the a call Monday. I believe you guys are right about the rheostat.

blt4fun

Just got off the phone with Roger from Bradley, new generator is on its way. ;D Great customer service, didn't make me jump threw hoops to get my problem resolved!