BDS Review

Started by BigRich, January 25, 2014, 01:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

I'm a welder and I can only wish I could buy enough stainless to build a Bradley sized insulated box for under $450 down here. :)

devo

The paper thin chinese stainless steel they use Saber you should be able to buy tons of that crap

STLstyle

I have the digi 6 rack.  It's the same as the 4.  Devo, your right on all fronts.  I agree with the craftsmanship piece.  It could be improved.  Customer service is important when you have these type issues, and Bradley has it. 

Now my 2 cents: the SG puck feeder system is an incredible invention!  I'm now having consistency problems with mine which defeats the whole purpose of having a bradley, but nonetheless, that little box can turn out some great eats with minimal effort!  I just wish I could get commission on the briquettes!!!

It's versatile.  You can travel easily with it (just don't drop it or look at it wrong bc you'll have to replace the door), you can cold smoke with it, you can make sausage along with all traditional bbq.

Best part,  once you buy the unit you find this forum and learn more about smoking than you ever thought you would.

I bought my unit for ribs, pork butt, chicken and brisket.

Since then I've smoked salmon, cheese, sausage, pistachios and can't wait for more. Purchased grinder, stuffer, PID, remote thermometer, countless spices and bbq tools. I've spent much more than my initial investment in side items for a new hobby.  I even bought an additional smoker.

I'm really happy I bought this POS!!!  I'd do it again...

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

devo

:D :D :D
QuoteI'm really happy I bought this POS!!!  I'd do it again...

Yes we do try to justify our bad purchases don't we...................and no I told my son in law buy something better than a bradley. He is still looking as they are all cheap pieces of  sh*t

KyNola

Devo, wanna sell your POS?

devo

KyNola
You want to come up here and sit on my 40 below deck??? That seems to be your standard response to people upset with their bradley. I respect you and your wifes Creation of Jans rub but you have to get your head out of bradleys *ss.   

devo

Devo, wanna sell your POS
Why would I want to sell my POS now?? I made all the mod's that have been posted here and made into a good POS. You couldn't afford my new POS Larry with across border shopping. :)

BigRich

Quote from: STLstyle on January 31, 2014, 07:13:08 PM
Best part,  once you buy the unit you find this forum and learn more about smoking than you ever thought you would.

X2!

renoman

Devo you have said it all. Amen

weazel

I love everyone who say's these things are POS... but then don't recommend anything better and are still hanging out in the BRADLEY forum.

so... I've had mine for over ten years and am looking to replace.  Tell me what I should buy that will let me set it and walk away until it's done.  I love me some BBQ, but I'm not babysitting it all day and night.  I would love to learn more about  the alternatives.

BigRich

Just to be clear no one is saying they don't like their smoker, this forum, or Bradley in general.  We're simply making observations about its construction.  Please don't turn this thread into something it's not.

renoman

Quote from: weazel on February 05, 2014, 02:52:19 PM
I love everyone who say's these things are POS... but then don't recommend anything better and are still hanging out in the BRADLEY forum.

so... I've had mine for over ten years and am looking to replace.  Tell me what I should buy that will let me set it and walk away until it's done.  I love me some BBQ, but I'm not babysitting it all day and night.  I would love to learn more about  the alternatives.

weazel, you have hit the nail on the head. Stepping up from a Bradley to the next better smoker is a BIG step in price. That is why we complain but don't change!