Sort Ribs on Saturday

Started by GusRobin, January 26, 2014, 07:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

Decided to make some short ribs on Saturday. Just a couple of pics as I was hungry.

Here they are with some CYM, gun powder, and jalapeno rub.

Hasselback potato ready to go in the oven.

The dinner plate - ribs, roasted asparagus, and the potato. The ribs came out great - nice bark on the outside and melt in your mouth tender on the inside.

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Saber 4

Mighty tasty looking meal, need to find some short ribs on sale. How long did you smoke, cook and at what temp???

GusRobin

Quote from: Saber 4 on January 26, 2014, 07:57:32 PM
Mighty tasty looking meal, need to find some short ribs on sale. How long did you smoke, cook and at what temp???

225* for about 5 1/2 hours. I used the 12 inch amazin smoker so about 4 hrs of smoke.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

Saber 4

Thanks, got to try these soon.

Saber 4

Did you take an IT before you pulled them or just by look?

GusRobin

mostly by look - and maybe a quality control slice off one of them ;D

Saber 4

Quote from: GusRobin on February 02, 2014, 12:48:04 PM
mostly by look - and maybe a quality control slice off one of them ;D

Thanks, I've got six in the smoker right now, they've had 3 hours of mesquite and another hour of cooking so we're on track.

GusRobin

during the cooking after the smoke, I usually spritz them every now and then with beef broth, but you can use anything.

Saber 4

Quote from: GusRobin on February 02, 2014, 01:15:33 PM
during the cooking after the smoke, I usually spritz them every now and then with beef broth, but you can use anything.

Good idea, I'll come up with something around here to do that.